interlude \\ 67

^^LOOK AT WILL and Tess and James ! (if you haven't already figured it out i am a hugee tid fangirl (even more than tmi i swear).

@arabellamonroe hey girl hey :)

I have a pre cal test in ten minutes and i suck at reciprocal functions. this will be lovely.
***

"So, who's going to this party?" My mother inquires from the couch. She just got off work early and is already sporting yoga pants and a messy bun. She mutes Chocolate (her all-time favourite movie) and twists around to where I lean against the island.

"Um, people from school."

"I thought you were above them," she says suspiciously. I may have said that for the last few weeks.

"I met someone."

She arches a dark eyebrow. Her mascara is smudged a bit beneath her eyelashes but she still looks gorgeous. She's prettier than me on most days. "That Cam boy? I thought he was in college... wait, this isn't a college party... is it?"

"No, no. Um, his younger brother is holding it and I'm going with my friend Alex." And also Cam. Kind of. He'll be there, I think. I'm not sure how to act i he is there.

"Friend?"

"Friend." Sort of. A friend I've kissed; once, tasting like lemonade and Oreo ice cream. A different friend from the one I was kissed by on a balcony. I'm such a kissing-slut. It's kind of fun.

The buzzer goes, and I can't help the smile I flash in her direction. She laughs. "Be safe, sweetheart."

"Always. Love you." I don't bother using the speaker and just go downstairs. Alex stands in the vestibule wearing skinny jeans and a nice white shirt. His hair is swept up, away from his face, and he's smiling in that eye-crinkling way of his.

"Hey Kat, you look gorgeous." He says around the smile, and I smooth my shirt over my hips. It's a gold sweater-ish shirt with long sleeves, and I think it brings out colour in my normally pallid face. My jeans are normal and skinny, hugging the tops of my sneakers.

"Thanks, you look... nice too." I say, lamely, feeling very young. I'm seventeen years old, I need to chill. He laughs with his mouth open, and I see the barbell piercing his tongue is black and shiny.

"I know I look sexy." He offers his arm, and I take it, rolling my eyes.