33.

"I... I feel sorry for him. I thought so. That he'd take it better. I shouldn't have dragged you there in the first place. I'm sorry."

Though he didn't mean to, he looked into Daniel's green eyes. There was pain in them. Tears. They were swollen and red.

"Callum..."

He whispered, taking the blonde's hand.

"I have something to tell you."

The blonde boy swallowed dryly and motioned with his head for him to continue. He didn't want to hear it. He didn't know what, but he certainly didn't want to hear it. It couldn't be good.

"You were right, I... I'm dying, Callum. It's killing me. It's killing me, this thing you hatefully sold me every day, the thing that made us know each other. I'm dying because I was an idiot and didn't listen to you. I have cancer, Callum."

"What?"

Blonde asked. The brunette's heart began to pound. He had never felt more pain in his life. Never. Not even when he broke his arm when he fell over the handlebars of his new bike at the age of six. Not even when his grandmother died, who he babysat on Wednesdays and made the best Christmas cookies.

This time it was the life of his greatest and first true love. Every tear that fell on his cheek cut him like a knife and left scars on his soul.

"Is there a cure?"