34.

"The doctor said that... that I would have to want."

The blonde's heart at least rested a little. There was now some hope that kept Callum conscious.

"I'm happy for it. I'm sure we can do it together, Danie."

A tear rolled over his eyelashes that he simply couldn't hold back and when he tried to rub his eyes to stop crying in front of him, the tears started to flow. Daniel brushed a few of them away with his thumb, which he used to caress his cheek.

"But what if I don't want to, Callum?"

He whispered. It was incredibly hard for him to say something like that. Something so selfish and evil. He knew how those words could hurt, but he said them anyway. He said it right in his other half's eyes, which he couldn't imagine a single day without at the moment. After all, he warned him about himself.

"I-I don't understand. Daniel, I'll be here with you, okay? You can handle it. The two of us can handle it."

The dark haired boy smiled sadly at him. This is what he always wanted. Having someone who always has your back. Someone to help you pick yourself back up when you fall down. You felt like a monster when he was going to leave someone like that for good.

"You don't understand, Callum. I do not want to live. I do not want. You can't help me. My soul died a long time ago, now my body is dying too."

Callum's head fell helplessly on Daniel's shoulder. He was crying. He cried for several long minutes and the dark haired boy just stroked his back and tried not to cry too.