40.

Day of surgery.

Callum took time off from work to accompany Daniel. He held his hand as tubes were connected to the brunette's body.

Callum couldn't hold back his tears and let them fall slowly, one by one, onto their joined palms. He didn't want this to be the last time.

So damn he prayed a lot that the surgery would go well, that he and Daniel would buy a house by some California beach, go surfing every day, and live happily ever after.

"You have five minutes, then we will begin the operation."

An elderly, experienced doctor informed them and dedicated them a small reassuring smile.

"Hey, listen to me. If... if this happened to be the last time... just. I just need to make sure you know. That I told you so. I love you Callum Williame Georgi."

The brunette boy raised his head to lean in for a kiss. He was so beautiful that if he really was the last, at least it was worth it.

"Now listen to me. No matter what happens, you will always be a part of me. You will be someone who taught me how to love and how to feel loved. On our journey through life there were, are and will be a lot of people who don't like it, that's nothing new. And yet, here we sit, hand in hand, showing each other love. can you see Together we made it then and we will make it again. I love you, Daniel."

They were the last words to be heard in the room which closed seconds later and Callum was forced to wait in the waiting room.

He was waiting there the whole time.