35.

Dan's been doing a lot of thinking.

"Callum..."

Daniel nuzzled into his hair and pulled him closer to him. He couldn't do it. He couldn't leave him.

"I'm going to need your help, blondie."

He whispered in his ear, taking in the maximum of his scent. He wanted to fight. He wanted to fight because for Callum.

"I can't just watch you die before my eyes, Danie."

The blonde boy whimpered and looked into Daniel eyes. Callum had tears all over his face, his eyes were red, his cheeks were swollen and he felt terrible.

"You won't have to. We'll get through this, right?"

He tried to smile, but he didn't have the strength. He was scared. Actually... he was very scared. He thought he would finally be able to leave in peace. To leave all the memories, the problems and the pain behind. But now he just couldn't.

The only reason he was able to put the problems and the pain aside was because of his love for the freckled boy. He could do it because he wanted to prove it and he believed he could win the battle against cancer.

He believed because he had something that was stronger than anything in the world. He had love. And he wanted to give love. How could he do that if he gave himself away?