Chapter 2: The Big News

——————————🦇——————————

ONE YEAR LATER

Dracula sat at an easel doing a very abstract portrait of a man when Maven, (Y/n), and Johnny walked in.

"Hey, Dad." Maven greeted.

"Oh, hey guys! Todd, take a break." Dracula instructed his model, which actually looked exactly like the painting Dracula was doing.

Dracula turned to address the three. "So what's up?"

"Well, Maven was wondering if maybe you wanted to go for a fly." (Y/n) told him.

"Oh? We haven't done that in forever. Any special reason?" Dracula asked.

"No special reason at all." Johnny said, as he giggled behind his hands. "Right, Mavey?" Johnny nudged Maven's shoulder and giggled again.

Dracula gave him a weird look. "What's his deal?"

"He's just being silly." (Y/n) reassured.

Maven approached his dad and lead him to the window. "It's just a beautiful night, and...well, if you don't want to..." Maven shrugged.

Dracula put his hands up defensively. "No, no! Are you kidding? I would eat a bucket of garlic to fly with you."

Maven smiled and turned towards the balcony, opening the doors. He ran out and used the railing to launch himself into the air. He did a few flips before going into a dive and transforming into a bat just before he hit the tree line.

Dracula shrugged, mildly impressed at his sons performance. He then spread his arms and levitated onto the railing and jumped high into the air, flipping backwards and diving straight down.

He dove into the trees and transformed into a bat and came out above the water. He used his powers to lift up the water into a twist before spraying it all over the place.

Maven flew up to him and Dracula laughed and shrugged sheepishly.

...

The two flew underneath the bridge that lead to the hotel and glided just above the water that surrounded it.

"Oh, Mavey, look at those fluffy clouds." Dracula gestured upwards and they both flew up above the clouds. "Remember what we played when you were little? Hide and Go Seek Sharp Objects?"

Dracula paused and looked around for Maven, but he was nowhere in sight. "Okay. Regular Hide and Go Seek."

Maven poked his head above the clouds and laughed before going back down. Dracula poked his head up not to far away from where he was.

"Where are you~?" Dracula called.

Maven appeared out of another cloud and laughed as Dracula appeared far away from him.

"Honeybat!"

Maven poked his head up and laughed again, and Dracula spotted him. He poked his head up where Maven was, but he was gone.