Chapter 3: Dennis is Growing Up

——————————🦇——————————

ONE YEAR LATER...

(Y/n) and Maven kneeled down next to their son and placed a purple cake decorated in skulls in front of him. At the top, a tiny monster sat on the cake and had a candle in the shape of the number one on its head.

"Little Dennis is a year old now. Wow!" Johnny commented.

Dennis blew a raspberry and blew out the candle, as (Y/n) giggled at her son.

"Nice. Yeah. Cute kid." The monster candle grumbled as he stood up and walked off the cake.

Maven lifted Dennis out of his chair and held him up. "Okay, time for presents, guys." He announced.

"Alright! Let's do this boy up! Check out what I got him. Bling!" Murray held up a heavy gold necklace.

"Wow. Is it cursed?" Wayne asked.

"Super cursed. Only the best. Straight from the crypt." Murray said, as he walked over to Dennis.

"Uh...he's just starting to walk, so maybe it's heavier than..." Johnny said hesitantly.

Murray placed the chain around Dennis's neck and he wobbled a bit before he face planted, and began crying.

"Oh. You're okay, Denisovich." Dracula cooed, picking him up.

"His name is Dennis. Named after my father." Mike corrected him.

"It's not his vampire name. My little Denisovichy-Weesovichy." Dracula said as he tickled Dennis.

"Huh. Are we sure he's a vampire?" Linda asked. "I mean not that it's a bad thing, but shouldn't he have fangs and that pasty skin you guys have?"

"Technically you have until you're five to get your vampire fangs." Wayne told her.

"Oh, he'll get his fangs. He's a Dracula." Dracula reassured.

"He's also half Loughran." Mike pointed out, holding up an action figure toy to Dennis. "Maybe he's be better off where we live. There's more humans there."

"What? Look how well he's playing with the wolf pups." Dracula insisted.

He placed Dennis on the ground next to the wolf pups who were licking the cursed necklace. Dennis copied them and started licking his action figure.

"We have a present. I hope it's acceptable." Eunice said, holding up a small guillotine in a box.

" 'My First Guillotine' "Dracula read. "Very educational. Well played Frank."

Maven came up next to his dad, who was holding the guillotine. "It's great. Thank you. We just have to baby proof that."

Maven grabbed the box and went over to the drawers and dug around in them.

"(Y/n), honey, do you know where you put the rubber guards?"

(Y/n) went over to search with him, and Johnny went over and helped as well.