Chapter 7: California

——————————🦇——————————

(Y/n) drove down a nice little road that had a bunch of coffeeshops, and bookstores, and other things.

"This place is so amazing and scenic. What do you wanna show me first, lamb?" Maven asked (Y/n) excitedly.

"Um...I'm not sure. There's really not a whole lot to do after dark."

"Wait. What's that place?" Maven pointed at a mini market and (Y/n) pulled into the parking lot.

...

Maven studied an entire shelf that was covered with all different kinds of potato chips, while Johnny and (Y/n) just watched him.

"So, you're telling me that I can pick between all these different kinds of chips?" Maven asked the cashier, gesturing the the shelf.

The cashier was a balding man with a mustache that had a very bored look on his face.

"Yes." He answered monotonously.

"How do people decide?" Maven asked him.

The guy shrugged.

Maven turned and noticed something even more amazing. "Now what's that beautiful fountain of rubies?!"

Johnny and (Y/n) exchanged a look as Maven sped over to giant Slurpee machine that had a variety of flavors. He poured one into a cup and drank it all within seconds.

"(Y/n), have you tried this Slurpée?" Maven held the cup out in front of her for emphasis.

"Uh, not that quickly, honey." (Y/n) replied, with wide eyes.

Maven studied the cup. "It's come in 48 flavors!" He told her urgently. "We have to try them all."

Maven sped back and forth pouring a flavor into his cup and drinking the whole things within seconds.

"Uh...I don't know if we have time." Johnny told Maven.

"Why? This place is open all night. Right, sir?" Maven looked over at the cashier again.

"Yes."

Maven slurped his drink again, his teeth having turned rainbow colors because of all the flavors he tried. He looked up and noticed something else.

"(Y/n), Johnny, look!" Maven pointed up at the security camera that was pointing at them and showed them on the TV.

"They're making a TV show about this place and we're the stars!" He exclaimed, and he ran over to (Y/n) and took her hand pulling her over towards the TV.

Maven began jumping up at the TV to get closer to it. "Hello world!" Maven shouted.

"Awesome..." Johnny awkwardly gave a thumbs up at the camera, and (Y/n) awkwardly waved.

Maven stopped jumping and wrapped his arm around (Y/n)'s waist. "It's totally awesome." He agreed. "You're so lucky, Kal." He told the cashier.

Kal came over to them slurping his own drink. He looked up at the camera and waved as well. "Hello world." He smiled revealing his teeth which were also rainbow colored.