Chapter 9: Race Back Home

——————————🦇——————————

Back at Johnny and (Y/n)'s parents house, Maven and (Y/n) were sitting on the roof while everyone else was downstairs having a party.

"I'm so sorry about all that stuff. I don't know why my mom thought you would like it." (Y/n) apologized.

"Why do I feel so weird here?" Maven asked her.

"You're not weird. Trust me. My parents are the ones being weird." She reassured.

"I think they're just trying to help me. I mean, I grew up knowing nothing living inside that hotel. And you learned everything growing up in Santa Claus."

"Santa Cruz, actually, but uh..."

"Maybe if Dennis grows up away from Transylvania, he won't be so freaky. Like me." Maven sulked.

"Are you crazy?! Maven, you're the greatest guy I've ever met. And trust me, I've met a lot of guys while traveling, and none of them were as amazing as you were."

(Y/n) grabbed his shoulders and made him face her.

"You're so full of life and curious about everything. You being the way you are right now is what made me fall in love with you. And it's why I married you. If our son grows up to be just like you, I'd be the luckiest Mom in the world."

Maven laughed and grabbed (Y/n) by her waist and pulled her into his lap.

"I love you Little Lamb." Maven whispered.

He placed a kiss on her lips and tightened his arms around her. (Y/n) brought her hands up and cupped his face pulling him closer.

Maven pulled away and buried his face in her neck, placing soft kisses up and down it, making (Y/n) giggle.

Maven pulled away and tucked her hair behind her ear. "You know, as long as we're all together, we'll be happy anywhere. Even at the hotel." He decided.

(Y/n) wrapped him up in a hug and whispered a silent 'yes' to herself. She really loved that hotel, but she came here anyway for Maven's sake.

Johnny came up onto the roof, and saw the two hugging. "Oh, hey guys. Hope I'm not interrupting anything?"

"No, we just got done talking." (Y/n) said.

"Yeah, I don't think we're gonna be moving after all." Maven informed him.

"Really?! Awesome!" Johnny exclaimed, when his phone started beeping.

"Woah! Check out this video my friend sent me. This kid is an awesome daredevil." Johnny showed them a video of Dennis's fall off the tower.

"Wait! Is that Dennis?" Maven exclaimed.

"What?!" (Y/n) cranes her neck to get a better look.

"No! Is it? No. It's just hard to see. But..." Johnny started laughing nervously and turning the phone, before deleting the video. "Oops. Just deleted it. So, it's gone." He shrugged.

Maven grunted. (Y/n) had a scowl on her face and turned to Maven.

"Call. Your. Father. Now." She demanded angrily.