Chapter 11: Vlad Arrives

——————————🦇——————————

The ballroom was all decorated for Dennis's party. There was a spider web banner that read 'Happy 5th Birthday Dennis' and there were several archways made of colorful balloons.

Monsters were wearing party hats, and there was a buffet table, and more balloons and streamers were strewn across the room.

Maven was wearing a cape and a white shirt and a black vest over it with his normal black pants, red sneakers and striped socks.

"Well, how do I look?" A voice asked him.

Maven turned to see (Y/n) standing behind him, nervously smoothing out her outfit. She was wearing the same costume she wore when she first met Maven, except she was also wearing a cape now.

Maven's eyes widened and he smiled. "You look beautiful."

"Really? So I look like a real vampire?" She double checked.

Maven took her hand and pulled her close to him.

"Not only do you look like a vampire, you look like the most gorgeous vampire in the entire world." He gave her a flirtatious look.

(Y/n) hummed. "Maybe I should wear this more often since you seem to like it so much." She teased.

Maven laughed. "As much as I love the costume, I love you even more when you look like yourself." He confessed, giving her a kiss.

(Y/n) smiled, and Maven began to walk behind her to go get food, but he paused and bent down to her ear.

"Although, I wouldn't mind seeing you in black more often." He purred and playfully pinched her butt as he walked by.

(Y/n) gasped and her face exploded in red, as she watched Maven walk away. He glanced at her over his shoulder and chuckled at her reaction, and gave her a sly smile and a wink.

(Y/n) just smiled, shook her head and rolled her eyes at her cheeky husband and turned to walk away when she saw her family enter the room.

They were all dressed like zombies, with face paint and ripped clothes, and leaves sticking out of their messy hair. They all groaned and limped towards (Y/n) who looked around awkwardly.

Her family got closer to her and they dropped the act and began laughing.

"What do you think (Y/n)? I think I'm starting to like being creepy." Linda chuckled.

(Y/n) chuckled as well and walked away her smile being replaced with a frown.

Her smile returned when she saw Dennis wearing a Batman cape and standing on a chair playing pretend.

"You're lucky we don't call the authorities. Let's go my hero. Cebause I'm Batman!" Dennis leaped off the chair. "Yes! To the Batmobile!"

Winnie then rushed forward and tackled Dennis who began laughing as she licked his face.

Just then, some of Dennis's cousins came over and started laughing and pointing at him as well.

(Y/n) scowled at them, and Maven turned to check on Dennis and saw the whole thing and frowned.

"Got your butt kicked by a girl, Batman." One of the boys mocked.