Chapter 3- Silent Treatment

Razor had come to terms with his feelings for Blaze and he had attempted to figure out everything that had happened so far. She was just like him, and that's why they fought so much. Razor suddenly knew her ways because they were just like his, and that thought scared him. He had never met someone that was so much like him, and it was scary to think there were two of him in the world, not just one. They were just like two of the same magnets, doing nothing but repelling each other.

Maybe it's my fault, Razor thought. Maybe she's just not willing to put in the effort to try, he countered He couldn't help but feel that there was something he wasn't seeing that was right in front of his face, but he decided he was going to lay low for a bit. It was obvious she didn't want him around so he wasn't going to engage. He didn't want to anyway, so it wouldn't be hard to just not talk to her. He guessed it went along with the old saying about not saying anything at all, but he didn't want to give in to a cliche. He would keep his distance, giving them both time to figure out if a friendship between them would ever work at all. 

Austin and Razor were sitting on the couch in Razor's living room, playing a game on his Xbox. They were carrying on a conversation in bits and pieces as they were playing and Razor knew the inevitable was going to come up soon. He was going to bring up Blaze.

"Hey, man, Blaze was telling me in Calculus yesterday how you were being such an asshole to her. What's going on?"

"I don't know, I think she's too much like me. She came up to me at practice the other day and automatically assumed I was lonely or hurt or needed someone, and I didn't need her pity."

"You shouldn't ever reject someone's kindness or tell them that their empathy doesn't mean anything. I don't think her gesture was exactly pity, but I'm sure she's never going to be nice to you again."

"I mean, that's fine with me. We aren't friends and we don't have to be, and nobody asked her to be nice to me."

"That's your thing, you blame her niceness on her! You just said that nobody told her to be nice to you, as if niceness was forced upon you and her."

"If you want to be friends with her, fine. Bitch about me together all you want, just don't tell me about it. I don't think I'm ever gonna hang out with her."

"She's a nice girl, Razor. If you dropped your ego for a hot second, you'd see how chill and nice she is."

"Listen, I get that you like her a lot and I have made it obvious that I don't. Do what you want with that, I guess." Razor spoke, getting up off the couch and putting his controller on the table in front of him.  It was funny to Razor because they weren't fighting over her. They were fighting about her. Austin was Razor's best friend and had been since their childhood, but they would fight if they had to. They would wrestle, but it was a rarity that they got into a heated physical argument. This happened to be one of the times, and it wasn't a subject they wanted to fight over- Razor thought it just wasn't worth it. Who cares if he didn't like her, if Austin likes her he can date her, Razor thought. He thought it was simple, and he didn't want to be involved with all of the trouble that followed Blaze wherever she went. 

"Razor, come on, man. I know you, and you've never acted like this around anyone."

"What's it to you, man?" Razor asked, beginning to get defensive. 

"If you're not even gonna respect her, just fuck off, man." Austin spoke. 

"Just get out of my house, dude." Razor spoke, done trying to discuss the topic with Austin.

"No, I'm not gonna leave until I know you're not gonna continue being an asshole! I know you, and this isn't you."

"Well, maybe you don't know me all that well, Austin. Why do you even care about this so much?!"