Chapter 12- Now, Things Are Awkward

Things were awkward between Razor and Blaze, and he knew why, but not how to really fix it. He still hadn't gotten completely over Allie and he knew she could feel it. He didn't know what to do.

When they went to practice later that day, they knew they were doing off-ice conditioning. The coach split them up into groups of four. Big surprise, it was Razor, Blaze, Jared and Austin. Their group was warming up by doing running laps around the rink. She was pacing off of them, even though she wasn't used to running like that.

Razor, personally, only runs to the fridge and back. It tires him the hell out and if anyone sees him running otherwise, he always advises them do the same because something is coming after them. Apocalypse is the only other explanation for Razor willingly going out on a run.

Before their group moved on, they slowed down to a jog, got a drink and talked among themselves. Razor heard talk from a few of the other guys, and Blaze was brought up.

"If Razor is one of the faster runners on the team and she was pacing off of him, does that mean she can outrun us?"

"I hope not. I'm proud of my 6 minute mile."

"She's pretty and a faster runner than us."

"Well she does look like she's about to have an asthma attack. Maybe she's not a runner, but she still is beautiful."

"I think Razor has her though. Too bad, cause she's hot."

"Dude, to girls, there's a big difference between hot and beautiful."

"Is there? Man, girls are complicated."

"Girls say that about guys, too. Funny."

The next stage of conditioning was pull ups, sit ups, and push-ups. When Blaze finished her set, she sat on the guys' backs and made them do push-ups with her weight on theirs. She thought their agony was amusing. Where was this even coming from? Razor wondered. She didn't look like she had any muscle at all. He wondered what she had done in California to stay just as fit as they were. 

The guys decided vengeance over being jealous, and soaked her with ice water from their bottles that squirted water when you squeezed them. She wasn't amused, and as revenge she pulled a chunk of ice from her hair and dropped it down Razor's shirt. He got it out and put it down Jared's shirt, and it was circulating through the four of them until it melted. She just stood there, staring at them and before she gathered her things to go home, she said to them,

"You guys are idiots."

She laughed and walked out of the rink to get in her car to head home. Razor turned to asked Jared and Austin,

"Are we really idiots?"

After much discussion, they all came to a conclusion that they were all idiots before they, too headed home. Razor got showered and changed into a band shirt and flannel pants before he had a date with his history textbook and his laptop. He was finishing up a paper while listening to a local band called A Night to Forget, until around midnight.

In the morning, Razor rolled out of bed with the comforter still around him so I could stay warm as he was getting ready. He ran his hands through my hair, which to him counted as brushing it, then he brushed his teeth, put on some Old Spice deodorant and ate breakfast before he left for school. To his surprise, he didn't see Blaze at her locker or in the beginning of homeroom. She looked plain distressed when she came in before the late bell rang and sat next to Razor.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked her, concerned. He knew the answer he was going to get and he  knew that it was going to be bullshit.

"Yeah, I'm fine." She responded quickly. Razor sighed and leaned back in his chair.