Chapter 10- It's Not You, It's Your Girlfriend

Razor was about to close his locker, but then Austin came up to him. Razor was prepared to take him down, for they were still working through some tensions. Maybe, ironically, Razor was the only one on edge. Luckily, when his fist was close to Austin's face, Austin backed off and surrendered.

"Dude, relax. It's just me. What's up your ass?" Austin asked. 

Razor let out a sigh, not in the mood to explain himself to Austin.

"Ok, well, next time you do that, let me know. You are known to get violent, dude."

Austin wasn't looking for a response from Razor because he was busy staring down the hallway. Blaze was walking down the hallway and Razor couldn't help but stare too, but not for the same reasons as Austin did. Razor could tell something was wrong, but he couldn't place what.

"I know what you're staring at. Come on man, you know she and I have a thing. You have no sense of boundaries. She and I are really tight. Don't mess with it. If you do, oh, you will really regret it."

"If you're into her, you need to ask her out. If you don't, your chance is gonna go away."

"Razor, you don't even like her!" 

"I wasn't talking about myself, I was just making a suggestion." Razor clarified.

Austin was all up in Razor's face by that point. Razor had never seen him like that before, especially with any other girl. Razor just didn't get it. Before she came, they were best friends. But now it's all about fighting about her. Razor knew that something was wrong and he tried to de-escalate the situation.

"Hold up, Austin." Razor spoke, a hint of questioning in his voice. He wasn't sure what he was looking at. 

"No, for what? Don't try and get me off track! We're gonna talk about this." Austin backpedaled.

"No, dude. I think something just happened."

"How can you tell?" Austin asked, trying to detect bullshit.

"She's not looking at anybody. She's avoiding eye contact at all costs, and she's walking the wrong way to homeroom. Look at everyone else. They're all talking about something and giving me looks. I really have to go, I'm sorry, man."

"Dude, she hates people! I bet she's fine! But that's cool, go on a wild goose chase off of a hunch-

"Shut up!"

Razor went to go after her but she had ducked into the bathroom and he didn't want to seem creepy, waiting for her outside. He walked to homeroom instead, waiting for her to do the same. She walked into class just before the bell rang, and Razor got a sinking feeling in his stomach when he saw her.

"What happened to you?" He asked Blaze.

"I don't want to talk about it." She answered. 

Razor knew well enough not to ask more about it, but just to be there for her. He didn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. After lunch in science class, their teacher, Mr. Sterling got a call on his classroom phone.

He looked surprised. He called Blaze's name to go down to the office. Then, too Razor's ultimate surprise, he called him down to the office with her. This might have to do with what happened this morning, but he couldn't be completely sure. He didn't know what was going on. Once the two left the classroom, they began asking each other questions.

"What did you do?" Razor asked.

" What did you do?" She replied, just as surprised as he was.

The two fretfully walked to the office. There, they had to play attorney for Jared and Austin. The two had planned some elaborate prank to go down and they swore it wasn't them. Razor and Blaze knew what they had to do. This sounded just like them and it most likely was them, but they did have to save their asses. This time. The next time one of them got into trouble, they would owe Razor and Blaze one. They raised hell and Razor froze it over, now they've got to do the same when the time comes.