Trooping the Colour 2019

[DISCLAIMER: 99.9% of SOCIAL MEDIA parts in this story is taken from the comment section of the official Instagram pages, ie; Kensingtonroyal, sussexroyal, theroyalfamily and clarencehouse. I just changed Kate's name to Eleanor and added Eleanor and James in a few of them. This also goes for 99% of the captions in the social media parts of the story. Just clarifying it :) okay, enjoy the story]

June 6, 2019 - Horse Guards Parade: The Household Division Beating Retreat

What Eleanor is wearing 

Eleanor smiled at the officer who opened the doors for her before greeting the soldiers in charge of the event

Eleanor was not supposed to attend tonight's Beating Retreat, but Catherine called her a few hours ago telling her that Louis is being fussy tonight, therefore, Eleanor is at Horse Guards Parade now taking the salute.

Of course, the people there were ecstatic. This was the first time a royal member representing The Queen is there to take the salute. They were happy when Catherine said she'll make it, but was even more happy that Eleanor was coming in the sted of Catherine.

Eleanor chatted with three of the soldiers who were meant to take her to where she was seated before walking towards where she would take the salute.

There was a tent set up for them in front of the household division and as Eleanor stand by the steps, the division started playing God Save The Queen. Once that was done, Eleanor took her seat and enjoyed the show.

It was a night filled with music and military precision drills that include horses, cannon and fireworks.

_________________________________

EveningStandard

Duchess of Windsor cheered by thousands as she takes salute at Beating Retreat

The Duchess of Windsor was cheered by thousands of people as she took the salute for the first time at Beating Retreat.

More than 750 soldiers wearing ceremonial uniforms stepped out for the annual display at London's Horse Guards Parade.

Eleanor was hailed by about 7,500 bystanders as she arrived and took her seat.

Wearing a yellow collared jacket, with her hair in a slick chignon, Eleanor smiled and spoke with soldiers who welcomed her to the event.

It paid tribute to the 75th anniversary of D-Day by including a composition taken from The Longest Day, a 1962 film depicting the Normandy landings on June 6, 1944.

Eleanor was the only member of the royal family to attend the event, with the Duke of Windsor marking the anniversary at an event in Staffordshire earlier on Thursday.

The hour-long programme featured traditional military anthems telling the history of regiments in the British Army.

Dame Kelly Holmes, Honorary Colonel of the Royal Armoured Corps Training Regiment, took the salute at the event's first night on Wednesday.