Trooping the Colour 2020

June 13, 2020

What Eleanor is wearing:

It was a hot and sunny day in London

Eleanor had two choices of outfits for today's Trooping the Colour, one with sleeves and one without. Eleanor thought it would be too hot to wear sleeves today, so she wore the sleeveless one.

James, dressed in his uniform of the Welsh Guards where he was made Colonel earlier this year when Charles become Colonel in chief. With that said, the Colonel of the Irish Guards went to William.

He was decorated by his Order of Garter sash and star, the Order of the Thistle star, and the Order of the Bath star. James had on three medals from left to right, The Queen's Service Order, the Queen's Golden Jubilee medal and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee medal. He had on his Air Force wings above the medals and had on a gold aiguillette over his right shoulder as personal aide-de-camp to Queen Elizabeth.

With the children ready to go, James and Eleanor made their way to Buckingham Palace where everyone is gathered before the ceremony.

Once they arrived at Buckingham Palace, Aidan was taken to where George, Charlotte and Louis are being held, glad to be with his cousins while Alexander, Amelia and Adelaide followed Eleanor and James to the room where the rest of the royal family is at.

As they entered the room, the called out a good morning to everyone before greeting them with kisses on the cheeks.

When it was time to board the carriages, Eleanor said goodbye to James and a see you soon since he will be riding behind Charles for the parade.

Eleanor climbed on the first carriage with Camilla and Alexander, while Amelia and Adelaide climbed on the second carriage with Catherine and Harry.

Inside the third carriage were Eugenie, Jack, Beatrice and Edoardo, while inside the fourth carriage were Edward, Sophie, Louise and little James.

Once they have arrived at the Horse Guards Parade in Whitehall, the royal family went upstairs to watch from the Major General's office, their usual view of Trooping the Colour.

It was then that Charles arrived at Whitehall followed by James, William, Anne and the Commanding officer of the Grenadier Guards since Andrew did not participate anymore to any royal happenings since his failed interview.

Charles was greeted by the royal salute and after that, he inspected his troops.

Once done, the members of the royal family made their way back to Buckingham Palace before Charles depart from Whitehall.

Back at Buckingham Palace, they greeted Charles on the balcony with bows and curtsies before heading back inside until the flypast later on.

They had light lunch and finger food as they wait for the flypast before going on the balcony.