The People's Duchess

January 7, 2020

"Have a safe flight back alright?" Eleanor looked up at James as they stood at the private entrance of JFK International Airport. James, together with their band of household staff: which includes his private secretary Jason White and their four protection officers Josh Greer, Peter Jackson, Terry Michaels and Lola Green, was on the next British Airways flight back to Heathrow London while Eleanor will be on the next RAF flight straight to Australia.

"Yeah, you be safe," James pulled Eleanor closer to him. "I know you're going to be tempted to run straight into the fire but make no mistake, the protection officers granny sent were told to carry you away to safety if that's the case. So please listen to them."

"I will," Eleanor leaned against James.

"Call me when you've arrived at the base okay?" James said.

"Okay," Eleanor hugged and kissed James one last time before walking towards where her new set of protection officers are standing for the next few days. Even though Eleanor will only be there for three days, she plans to spend those three days with the people affected by the fires as well as helping the volunteers in the front lines get animals and people into safety.

No one knew of this visit and TheWindsors's Instagram page won't report on it. It's going to be kept under wraps unless people would record her and sell to news agencies. Other than that, Eleanor plans to not post anything on their social media accounts or the royal family accounts at all. They would only release a statement if the media agencies personally came to and reached out to Clarence House or Buckingham Palace and inquire about Eleanor's whereabouts and what she's doing. Other than that, it's silence.

About 22 hours later, Eleanor finally touched down at RAAF Base Richmond, which is located nearest to where the fires are.

What Eleanor is wearing

Eleanor was greeted by the Lord Mayor Clover Moore and His Excellency the Honourable David Hurley, the Governor-General of Australia

Eleanor and her team, which consist of Kora, who goes wherever Eleanor goes and the four protection officers that Elizabeth hand-picked to protect Eleanor during her days in New South Wales, were invited to stay at the Governor-General of Australia's Sydney residence during their stay at Australia. However, Eleanor, though grateful for the invite, declined politely since she will be staying at local motels and hotels during her stay closer to where the volunteers are placed.

Eleanor then headed to the first centre where a lot of the residences are currently based at since their homes are very near to where the fires are.