Part 12

"What are you doing today?"  She asks as they both get ready the next morning.

"Well.. We have meetings until 4:30 today and then I was thinking we could go out?"

"We?" She questions Tony, why would she attend meetings with him?

"Shit.. sorry forgot to ask.. I have a opportunity for you.."

"Opportunity?"

"Yeah like.. a new job?"

"What? You're firing me from Stark Industries?"

"Technically yes.. and no.. just promoting you to something better.."

"What is it?" She looks over to Tony who's standing fixing his tie in front of the hotel mirror.

"You know how you said Pepper and I are really close? Well.." he smirks across to her.. "if you were to become my assistant as well.. it means you and I.. can uh.. get closer.."

"You want me to be one of your assistant?"

"Yes?"

"Alongside Pepper?"

"Again... yes?" Tony mocks.

She gets out of bed, totally naked and pulls on a new pair of underwear. She catches Tony looking over in the mirror..

"How am I gonna concentrate knowing you have that decent number on?" He straights out his tie before turning to face her as she picks out todays outfit.

"You really want me to be your assistant?" Tony walks over to her, and she runs her hands up his chest.

"Mhm..."

"Well.. maybe..I might just take you up on that offer.." she pulls him in for a kiss..

They eventually made it out of the hotel room, and to the meetings. Of course like clockwork the press had pictures of them leaving and arriving together. But they managed to keep a safe distance.

Tony being the gent that he is, offered the chair beside him to her, which she took gladly. She wasn't sure what to say or do, so she just made notes in case she needed them later. Occasionally her knee would bump Tony's, not on purpose.. but he made sure she noticed.

Dangerously some time into the meeting, Tony placed his hand on her thigh under the table. She was nervous that someone would know or see. She tried to ignore it, but he kept squeezing or moving his hand higher. With a smirk to his lips, he knew exactly what he was doing.

"So Mr Stark, no Pepper today?"

"Nope! She's busy, with the company back home.. unfortunately couldn't get away from it.. but uh.. I brought my new assistant along.. she's just learning so please be nice.."

She offers a smile at the men around the table as they look to her with surprise. Knowing Pepper has only ever been his only assistant. She knows she has a lot to live up to, and no doubt she will have her critics.

A few long and boring hours later, they made their way back to the hotel. A few more photos snapped of them, which she tried to ignore. She was thinking of what people back home will say. Especially the girls in the office.

And Pepper. What does Pepper think of all of this?  If she remembers correctly, Pepper wanted her fired, and now she's going to be working closer to her?

"So.. we'll get showered and changed.. then hit the bar.. yeah?"

Her focus is on her phone, at the articles online already.

Tony's New Girl?

One headline reads, with a picture of the two of them leaving the hotel together.