Part 17

"Babe.. I got us another red is that ok?" Tony said as he returned with a bottle of wine in hand.

Although she tried not to, she had picked up his phone to read the messages off Pepper. Tony noticed as soon as he returned with the wine.. looking down at his phone in her hands.

"What are you doing with my phone?" He asks calmly.. although to her she thinks he's upset.

"I uh.. it went off a few times.. I'm sorry.." she quickly apologies as Tony takes the phone out of her hands. The expression on his face changing, his heartbeat increasing, as he reads the messages from Pepper.

"Tony.." she tries but he just stares at the screen.

"You read these?" He asks still without looking up to her.

"I just saw those two on the screen.." Tony ran a hand through his hair, and eventually looked up to her.. "I'm sorry Tony.. I didn't.."

"You're sorry?" Tony was confused.. she didn't suspect anything from the messages?

"Yeah I didn't mean to look at them.."

Tony smiled and pocketed his phone and held his hand out to her.. "Come here.." he said whilst locking his hand with hers, and pulled her towards him..

"Look I've gotta be honest with you..Pepper doesn't like the idea of us, and that's fine, it is..but I don't want her to upset you.."

"Why would she upset me?"

"If she sees you here.."  Tony held her close to him.. "I don't want you two to fall out.."

"I don't think she likes me anyway.. she did try and get me fired if I remember correctly.."

"I think it's more because of me.. not you..I'm sure you both would get along if you spoke more.."

"Yeah.. that'll never happen.. I'm just an office girl to her.." Tony hated that comment. He shook his head and placed a kiss to her forehead.

"Don't put yourself down like that.. to me you'll always be more than that.."

Tony held her close, in his arms. They didn't want this moment to end.. but she finally spoke up..

"You're right.. she doesn't need to see us..I'll go.. but you better call me.. I mean it.. don't leave me waiting.." she pulled Tony into a longing kiss, causing Tony let a moan slip.. his hands gripping her ass.

"Ugh.. that was mean.." he squeezed her ass and planted a kiss on her neck.. "I'll call you as soon as she leaves.. this isn't over.."

"I've heard it all before Tony.." she whispered in his ear as he kissed down her neck to her collarbone.. "you have to to prove it to me.."

"Oh I will.. believe me.." he lifted his head and smirked as she left one more kiss on his lips before disappearing into the night. Tony was left alone, waiting for Pepper to arrive.

He sat and waited for her, for what seemed like hours was only 10-15 minutes later. She smiled at him as he sat back on his couch, one arm spread across the back of the couch.

When Tony's eyes fell on Pepper, his mouth fell slightly ajar, she wore a short black dress, something he'd never take notice of before. He bit his lip and looked away. Trying to clear his head of the thoughts that were suddenly creeping into his head.