Chapter 4

Wednesday's POV

The morning after, Thing woke me up knocking at the headboard of my bed. 

I opened my eyes and got up at this unusual early time in the morning. I hated mornings. I was more of a night person.

Enid got out of the bathroom already wearing her black and blue uniform, brushing her blonde hair. 

- 'Morning, Wednesday - She said, with her already super enthusiastic voice. Obviously, Enid was a morning person. - Your new uniform is on the chair. Breakfast is in the dining room. Your schedule is on the desk and we have a lot of lessons in common, for what I've seen. 

Then she drop her hairbrush on her bed and left the room, saying "See you later, Wednesday". 

That girl was too full of energy. 

Anyway, I had to get ready for my lessons, despite my desire of staying in my bedroom playing cello and reading Grandma's grimoire. 

I took a moment to analize my schedule. The first class was Botanic. Something interesting, we have a greenhouse at the Addams Manor where I took care of Petunia, my pitcher plant. 

On the chair, there was my uniform, striped like Enid's one but made of a darker tone of blue, that almost look like black. 

I wore it, brushed my hair and braided them again. Then I went to the dining room where I sat with Enid and her friends like the night before. Tamara and Xavier had botanic class like us, so, after eating my goat milk with spider eggs cookies, I followed them there. 

The greenhouse was made of dirty glasses and full of all kind of plants. I recognised some of them: baby's breath, bleeding heart, foxglave... They can be used as poisons. 

Enid sat in the last row, near Tamara, while I sat in the row in front of them, near Xavier. 

The other students sat in the left desks, followed by the teacher, who closed the door behind her. 

- Hello everyone, I'm Doctor Valerie Kinbott, your botanic and science's teacher - the woman presented herself. The Doctor was a blonde 30-something-years-old woman who wore glasses and a white coat.

- Today's lesson won't be about plants, as many of you could expect - She said, sitting on the chair behind the desk. - Botanic includes not only the study of plants and flowers, that are part of the "flora", but it inspects the environment the plant lives in to understand how it impacts it. So, basically, botanic examines not only the flora but also the "fauna". 

That sounded interesting. 

The Doctor waved her hand and I noticed a green aura around it. Two seconds later, worms, bugs, moths and spiders started to appear everywhere. A giant black spider was right in front of me, looking at Xavier who froze on the chair staring at the arachnid. I slowly grabbed the book on the desk and without an instant I slapped it over the eight-paw being. 

- Thank you - Xavier mourmoured, under his breath. 

- Wednesday - The Doctor called me. I raised my sight to look at her. 

- Yes, Doctor? - I asked with the most innocent tone I can make.

- Even if this creatures are just illusions created by my magic, we need them for today's task. I'd appreciate if you stop smacking them with books. 

She didn't seem bothered by my behaviour. She was joking about it. 

I liked this teacher.

She didn't wait for my answer, she just waved her hand again and this time a beetle appeared in front of me and Xavier.