Chapter 8

Wednesday's POV

The day after, I had botanic lesson - withc turned out to be one of my favorite lessons, by the way. Unfortunately, this time we had to go outside, wear gloves and put our plants - the ones we used during our first lessons, with the insects - in the dirt.

I wasn't enthusiastic about this activity but Enid was smiling like they've just told us we could torture someone.

I would never understand Enid.

Outside, in the plot of land around the institute, Enid and I were close to eachother more than had happened in the last few days.

- So... Have you heard of the carnival that's gonna take place outside the town this weekend? - She asked me while digging a hole in the flowerbed with her hands.

- No - I replied, putting my "filodendro" out of its vase.

- Do you wanna come with me? And the others, of course? - She said, doing the same with her plant.

I looked at her for a second before answering.

- I don't think that's a good idea - I told her. She stared at me, an interrogative look painted on her face. - The full moon is the next Tuesday - I explained - Putting yourself in a place full of noises, lights and smells while your werewolf's sense are more sensitive than usual doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

She looked at me, this time genuinely surprised. - Why do you know when is the next full moon? - She asked.

The answer to this question was pretty easy. Since Enid said I've "basic knowledge about supernatural creatures" I made some research about everykind of students who could live at Nevermore. I put particular commitment in my werewolves research cause, considering my roomate is a werewolf, I wanted to be ready in every case.

I wasn't trying to impress. Not at all. But she seemed impress and I was pretty sure if I told her I did make some research she would never stop talking about it.

So, I shrugged my shoulders. - My knowledge about the supernatural word isn't as basic as you thought. - I replied.

Even if that was my answer, Enid guessed the truth and clapped her hands in excitement, screaming. - You made research!?!

It was really annoying of her. The fact that she could understand me, my silences and my lies, so easily. - Maybe - I replied, trying to avoid the conversation.

After ten seconds of silence - a new record for Enid - she continued the conversation.

- Don't worry about the full moon. I can control my senses, and I love carnivals. We don't know when we'll have the chance to get out of the school again - She seemed really excited about this entire carnival-thing. - So... Do you wanna take a stab at being social? - She asked me.

I didn't have anything better to do next week, but I didn't want her to understand I was happy about her stop avoiding me, so I replied. - I do like stabbing.

She jumped on site, clapping her hands, obviously happy about my answer. - Great. We will organize at lunch with the others - She said, taking off the gloves. - I have Maths, now. See you later.

I didn't have any lesson till lunch so I decided to go to the library and look for that yearbooks.

I found them. The pictures of the mask belonged to the yearbook of 1981. It was golden and enough big to be actually wear by a person. That proved me thatit was too big to fit in the box I thought was hidden in the cabin. So, as I thought, it was probably the amethyst that brought someone to set the hut on fire.