Chapter 7: "How's my favorite sibling doing?"

Anna

The moment Justin started the tap and sprayed my hair with water, I felt bliss. 

After breakfast, we had retreated to my room where he had given me a towel and told me to wrap it around my shoulders. I did that and he then brought a stool which was perfectly heighted so that when I sit on it, my hair could be in the bathroom sink. 

"Is the temperature okay?" He asked, spraying water on my hair with a faucet. The water was lukewarm so I nodded in reply.

His hands in my hair kept reminding me of my mom's, when she used to put oil in my hair. I just kept my eyes closed and enjoyed the feeling.

"We are going to visit the hospital later before lunch today. I need to get an idea about that injury on your wrist and how long it's gonna take to completely heal. Not that I mind taking care of you like this, but I think you will feel more comfortable with both your hands properly working."

I nodded because what he said was true. I wanted my left arm to be healed soon. 

"And after the hospital, I will take you to eat lunch in one of my favorite places. It serves one of the best apple pies I have ever eaten."

All the things these brothers were doing was just warming my heart. It felt nice that they sincerely wanted me here with them.

It took more ten minutes for Justin to properly wash my hair and slightly rub the towel in. 

"Let them dry naturally." He said, dropping the towel in the hamper. 

I picked up the notebook which I had put on the bed and opened up to the first page. 

Thank you

"You're welcome, baby." He replied, keeping a hand on my cheek. "I have some important office work to do right now, so let's go and see where Oliver is so he can keep you company."

I nodded and followed him out in the hallway where an irritated Logan was coming out of his room. 

"Why are you always here?" He frowned, seeing our older brother who just rolled his eyes at him. Then Logan also noticed me standing beside Justin. "So now you've become Anne Frank?"

I frowned at him first, not getting his nickname for me, then it clicked that I'm holding a book and pen in hand. So to reply, I opened it to write.

This is not a diary!

"Thanks for the information, Waldo." Logan snorted as Justin looked surprised. 

"Wait, you got that reference?" Justin asked me. "I didn't read the book till like age 15. You've already read it?"

"Seems like Jerry here is smarter than you." 

This was the third nickname he had given me in the last one minute. 

"Anyway I'm going out to the library now. And will be back probably in the afternoon." He continued, turning around and getting his phone out.

At the mention of the library, my eyes may have sparkled because Justin stopped Logan.

"Hey, take Anna sometime with you." Justin suggested. "The library is a quiet place and moreover you just sit reading there more than doing your job."

"You joking right?" Logan turned and looked at his brother. "First, I actually do my work in the library. Secondly, she's 12, so she doesn't need a babysitter all the time. Not even an elder brother who keeps doting over her like she's a newborn baby."