Chapter 17: "I'll pinch you if you pinch me too."

Anna

I was back in the living room of my brothers' house, and this time it wasn't just me and the bearded man. All my brothers were standing in front of me in a line, looking at me in horror.

What is happening now? Wasn't I stabbed here and Travis had to take me to the hospital?

Still, I tried to move towards them but couldn't. It felt like something was binding me to the floor.

Suddenly, the bearded man came into view as he moved away from me and towards where Oliver was standing. I noticed how he was showing me the knife in his hand and moving towards Oli step-by-step while looking at me at the same time.

"No."

No one paid any attention to the man, they continued staring at me. Oli himself didn't even flinched when the man finally reached him and kept his knife across his stomach.

"No, please. Don't hurt him."

"If you tell anyone about me," The bearded man started repeating his words from earlier. "Just remember that the next person getting stabbed will be one of them."

"Anna." The voice sounded like Logan's, so I looked at him. He was still staring at me in horror, but his lips were now moving. "Wake up. It's just a dream."

Dream? But I remember getting stabbed. Was that a dream too?

"Anna, c'mon. You have to wake up."

"You don't believe me?" I turned to look at the bearded man again, who was now smirking at me. "This was your fault."

Then he sliced the knife through Oliver's stomach.

"No!"

I shot up in the bed, wincing at the sudden pain in my right shoulder. It felt like someone had stabbed me, and it took me another second to realize that someone did stabbed me.

Blinking to clear my vision, I noticed that it was a hospital room. Logan and Justin were here too, the latter rubbing his head while laying on the floor as if he had fallen off the sofa.

"Anna?" Logan stood beside my bed, staring at me in horror. Just like how he was staring at me in that dream. "You okay?"

My chin trembled and a tear rolled down my cheek. Next thing I knew Logan had his arms around me as loud sobs tore through my chest.

"Shh, shh, everything is fine. You're safe. I'm here with you."

Logan's voice held a sense of comfort for me, as I held on his shirt as tight as I could. He smelt of forest, something that was giving me comfort. He probably knew where I was hurt as he didn't put pressure on my shoulder.

The man with the beard has stabbed me in the only house that had made me feel safe again, and he literally did it under everyone's noses. He also blackmailed me before leaving, saying one of brothers would be next if I told anyone about it.

Even if it was a dream, I saw him stabbing Oliver.

I slowly let go of Logan's shirt, and pulled myself away from him. He stared at me with worry clear in his eyes as I wiped my tears. Looking around, I realized Justin wasn't in the room anymore.

"Where's Oli? I need to see him."

Logan's eyes widened at my question, his face going through multiple emotions in a single minute. Still, he didn't seem to realize I was waiting for an answer.