Chapter 18: "Did you just... smell me?"

This book crossed 1K reads today!!

So in that occasion, here's a surprise update! Hope you guys enjoy :)

×××××××××××××××

Anna

Once the detective was satisfied with my answers, she grabbed her recorder, thanked me before Travis escorted her out.

I had lied in my official statement and it made me wonder how much I've changed since my Mum was killed. Before then I hated lying and now it was becoming second nature to me.

Oli moved towards me with a proud smile on his face. "You did great, Livi. The police will get him in no time."

I know Oliver was trying to make me feel safe, but it was never going to work. I know the truth, he didn't. I know that man will not be caught anytime soon, he is smarter than that.

The other thing that was scaring me was Logan's stare. He had been angry when I had narrated about the man, but now he looked at me like he couldn't understand me.

Still, he didn't say anything and left the room.

Dr. Stan accompanied Travis when he returned, and checked my vitals. Once she left, Oliver settled besides me again and we continued our movie from earlier.

During dinner, I had to eat that tasteless hospital food again while the others got to eat pasta that Justin brought with him. Lucas still sneaked me two bites when no one was looking.

After it was decided that Travis and Logan will be staying in the hospital tonight, everyone else went home with Lucas promising me that he will bring a couple of my books to read tomorrow.

It was after 10 PM when I tried to sincerely sleep but couldn't. The moments of last night were playing infront of my closed eyes like a movie which were worser than the nightmares. I tried sleeping on my good side, then also laying on my back but nothing was helping.

"Are you okay?"

I opened my eyes to see that Logan was peering down at me while tilting his head. He was the only one in the room at the moment, as Travis had went home for now with the others to get himself something comfortable to sleep in.

After I nodded at him, he glanced at my shoulder then look back at me. "Is your shoulder paining? Should I call the nurse or something?"

"No," I hurriedly replied. "It's okay, the doctor said it will ache a little."

"Then why are you still awake? The medicines would be making you tired and sleepy."

"I don't know, to be honest." I answered, looking at the white ceiling. "My body is tired and my mind is too, but... it also knows that if I sleep then I'll most probably see... bad things again, and... I..."

"Alright, scoot over." Logan suddenly interrupted my stammering explanation. I look up at him in confusion and he rolled his eyes then gestured me to move towards one side.

I slowly made some space as my brother removed his shoes and lifted my blanket to lay beside me. The bed was big enough for both of us to sleep and he was already in a comfortable t-shirt and sweats.

"Don't get used to this." He said, closing his eyes as I chuckled but then remembered something.

"When were you going to tell me about the CCTV we apparently have around our compound?" I asked. "It must've captured you when you leave the house at nights, not to forget I wandered after you too once."