Needed me

I guess my real age of only 12 years old had finally caught up to me. i realised that I couldn't do this. I don't know how! I don't know how ot take care of myself, add two kids in to the picture and I'm done for! I can't. I can't protect my siblings, I can't go form being mothered to being A mother overnight, I can't be strong. I-NO.

I would be strong. I would take care of those kids. They were my job, my responsibility, MINE to protect.I can't trust this coven. They aren't bound to us, they have no reason to shield or protect us. They are not loyal to us. What am I doing? I had just completely let down my guard, the walls I had built around me and my siblings crumbling.

Taking in a sharp breath, I jumped out of Esme's arms and scrambled to the other side of my- Their bed. Their guest rooom bed. Closing my eyes, I composed myself for 1/48 of a second beore looking up and meeting Esme's eyes dead on. "i'm sorry" I told her, no emotion in my voice.She looked at me shocked, then sadness overcame her features. "Oh. honey" she started "You don't need ot do this alone. You yourself are just a child-" I cut her off. "I'm not a child."

She looked at me confused."A child is good. A child is pure and innocent." And it was true. I'm not good. I ran when my mom needed help. I hadn't been able to save chris. I had left Ash at the dorr and didn't tell her where to go. I had so nearly taken that pregnant woman's life, so nearly slaughtered her and her unborn child.

"You are. You are good."I looked up at Esme. The conviction in her eyes and voice startled me. I stared in to her eyes, hope building in my chest. then I came back to myself and the hope vanished as quickly as it had come. The hopelessness engulfed me once more. I kept eye contact, but now there were tears in my eyes, tears that would never fall."You're wrong." My voice was flat, dead.

"I'm not good. I'm bad. I'm... I'm a bad person." I walked towards the window and easily pushed it open. I turned back around. Esme was staring at me, heartbroken. I looked towards the doorway and what I saw hurt a million times more than the look on Esme's face.

Chris stood there, a hurt expression on his face. Taking a step forward, he stared at me. He took a shaky breath, then said in a wavering voice, "You think that's the truth."Ashlynne appeared behind him, looking concerned. In a matter of seconds, her expression changed to confusion, to shock, and finally settled on anger. I knew Chris was mentally telling her... or, rather, showing her what I had said.

As I took in the disgusted looks I couldn't take it. Me. There were disgusted with me. I flung myself out the window. I heard Chris's sobs, Ashlynne's gasp, Esme's pleads for me to stop. But I couldn't.

I was running now, so fast that the trees seemed to blur around me. I was running from the Cullens, running from the fact that I had once again failed Ash and Chris.I was once again running from the people I loved the most, the people who needed me the most.