Chapter 26 - Are you planning to run off and traipse around the roses today?

After walking home I freshen up. As I'm reapplying lipstick and spraying my perfume, Matty's car pulls up outside on time.
I begin to feel just a little bit nervous, I'm not sure why we've already spent quite a lot of time together considering we only met just days ago.

I grab my bag and put on my high heeled ankle boots, they make my legs look great and I decide I won't be walking too much as he is driving. He rings the doorbell and I hurry to open it.

Matty stands in my doorway looking like a model for an alternative clothing brand. I can smell his cologne and he's got on a simple yet expensive looking tight white T-shirt and his straight jeans that hang from his hips perfectly. His hair is tousled pulled back away from his face. I'm not sure how I stop myself from jumping on him.

I settle for saying hi instead as he embraces me in a hug which goes on for quite some time as neither of us want to break away. He places his hands around my waist, feeling the material of my dress.
"I like this a lot" he says in my ear as his hands travel up my back feeling how low cut my dress is there. I'm completely disarmed of course already, I feel no sense of control around him I just become putty in his capable hands.
"I could easily take this off and do you right here" he says into my ear and I flush.
Yes it's brave and direct, but I'm here for it. If Tom had of said that to me, it wouldn't have felt right. But coming from Matty, it makes me want to follow through.

He pulls himself away.
"you ready?" He asks me looking into my eyes.
Briefly in my head I forget what we're doing and think ready for what?

I smile and I'm about to pull him back into me again when he kisses me briefly on my lips.
"Always "I say remembering how to talk.
His lips feel like heaven and I want them all over me everywhere. I follow him out to the car before I can pull him back into the house and into my bedroom.

***Matty's POV***

I didn't think I could be more attracted to her than I already was. Fuck what is she playing at wearing a dress like that and expecting me to concentrate.
She opened the door and I instantly thought, I am not good enough for this girl. What did I do to deserve this kind of luck, I've been a bad guy in the past I don't deserve this.

I've been up all night thinking about her for two whole days, I think I got around three hours sleep. Talking to her on the phone and knowing that she was falling asleep to the sound of my voice the other day, that sent me over the edge. Part of me is so insecure that she will grow bored of me, or realise I am not right for her or worse decide Ross is a better option. I'm a head case. And I need to chill.

She walks from her house to the car, I've opened the door for her. Not in a patronising way I just want to do it all right, for once.
Once she's buckled up I start up the car. Music comes on, I even made sure it wasn't too loud or heavy. See Taylor I'm just your type.

"So how's your day been so far" she says, glancing over at me.
"It's been nice, better now I'm with you" I say flashing her a grin.
I've never been great at small talk.

"How is Rhea doing" I ask, I must show her that I care about her friend. I can just tell that her friend means a lot to her, I can imagine she asks her for advice all the time. She also would not cancel her friend this morning- not that I expected her too I'm not a complete dick. She keeps her promises that is good.
She smiles. Definitely the right move.

"She's great yeah, her and Malachi had dinner the other night and we were just talking about that" she says.
"Nice, they're an item? And is that all you talked about?" I say suggestively
"Yeah I think they are, I mean if they weren't I would be more shocked. They don't really have eyes for anybody else. And of course I mentioned you if that's what you're getting at" she laughs.

I laugh back and keep quiet. Feel like I'm prying a bit, and don't wanna be nosey. Only eyes for each other, that's an interesting way of putting it. So I now know that if I was to have eyes for anybody else (I don't, couldn't possibly) that would be the end of anything between us. I get the feeling she wouldn't be willing to just mess around.

I'm glad I have a 4x4, we're getting closer to the pub but now we're travelling down a country lane. She seems to relax next to me in the car. Ever since we left the town behind I notice she got more and more relaxed. That's the same with me I prefer being somewhere with less buildings and more open space.

She gazes out of the window, and I can't help but to look at her between glancing at the empty road ahead of us. She looks great, usually they look worse when I am sober. But she looks even better if that's possible. I like her legs in tights, she really has great legs.
Ok stop staring I tell myself. I concentrate on the road ahead.

"This is a really nice area, don't laugh but I haven't actually been here before" she says
"You haven't?" I grin at her happy that I'm introducing her to something new
"The pubs around 15 minutes away, there's like an open garden at the back and it's got like rows of vines and flowers. When I was young mum took me there and she was so annoyed that I went off without telling her. She found me traipsing around the rose bushes" I say, why am I telling her this? She probably thinks I'm a nutter.

She smiles genuinely. I half expect her to say "cool story bro". That is what my friends would say, it always makes me feel like I'm oversharing.
"Are you planning to run off and traipse around the roses today" she teases. I love it when she teases me, she makes everything lighthearted.
"No I'm planning on taking you with me this time" I say, laughing.
She swipes at my arm, laughing. She can't help but touch me.
"I mean it babe" I tease back.

We turn into a small lane, and I remember to not miss the turning. It's a sharp one, and it's single track in and out, we used to joke about having to reverse all the way back down to let people out. Fortunately no reversing for us today, it leads straight to the car park. I park up and jump out of the car at the same time as her.

She breathes in the air, I used to do that. It's cleaner somehow, you can smell the roses in the fields. I go up behind her wrap my arms around her waist, "you like it ?" I ask.
"I really do, thank-you for bringing me here" she turns around to face me.

The pub is like one you see in a painting. Surrounded by skyline and trees. I always felt like it existed back in time, you can imagine horse and carts parked out front instead of cars.

Taylor kisses me, resting her hands on either side of my jaw. I pull her hand down and hold it in mine and we walk into the pub.