Chapter 7

Suddenly, the atmosphere turned grim. The noise of the gunshots replaced the wedding melody. "What the hell?" Viktor cursed as he picked up his ringing phone. 

Then they entered through the chapel door, all in black, with guns in their hands. "Viktor..." I gripped his hand tight as I saw him take his gun out and shoot at them. "Come with me." He pulled me along as he ran behind the wall, taking cover from the showering bullets.

Guns fired from both sides. The peaceful chapel had turned into a war field as dead bodies dropped to the ground one by one. The spattered blood and the number of corpses that lay there devastated me. 

After a few minutes, the firing stopped, and it left us in complete silence. "Vik-" 

"Shh," He silenced me with his bloody hand, and my eyes widened in shock. That wasn't his blood. My eyes then fell on the dead body a few centimeters away from his feet, his white pants covered in red. 

"Now, now, Viktor, come on out," A voice called out, breaking the silence, "you've got nowhere to go." 

"Damn!" Viktor muttered.

"Amethyst." I heard another voice call my name. It was him. "You don't want to say bye to your father?" 

"Dad?" I gasped. I was about to run out but Viktor pulled me back to him, "Don't." He shook his head. 

"Amy!" I heard my dad scream. 

"Are you crazy? He has my dad!" I yelled at him as shook my arms off his grip and ran from there. But the scene that unfolded in front of my eyes horrified me. The corpses scattered on the ground and dozens of men blocked the chapel door, near the door a group had made a circle and in the middle of it was my dad being beaten up cruelly, and there he stood watching all this with a cold look, the devil himself, Mikhail Fedorov.

Seeing me they stopped hitting him. The devil walked towards me, I stumbled back, and someone supported my back preventing me from the anticipated fall, I turned to look and found my fiance by my side. 

"I got you," He rubbed my back as we faced the devil, who now stood in front of us. 

"Didn't I tell you this marriage was off?" He stared at me with a stern expression. 

"Who the hell are you to call this marriage off?" Viktor yelled at him, "if you're here for Boris, go ahead you can take him, there's your prey, alright?" 

His words shocked me beyond belief. "Viktor?" I looked at him bewildered. 

He didn't respond, his eyes were fixed on Mikhail, who raised a brow at him, "You're showing your true self to your fiancee now?" He scoffed as he looked at me.

"Don't you dare take a step forward!" Viktor warned him as he stepped forward shielding me from him.

Just then a shot was fired, I instinctively closed my ears as a scream escaped from my mouth. Viktor screamed in pain as he fell to the ground, I saw he was shot in his leg. "No!" I screamed as I rushed to his side, tears raining down on my cheeks.

"You're starting to get on my nerves, young prince," Mikhail lowered himself to meet his eyes, "don't anger me more than this," He warned him. 

"Why?" I asked, "why are you doing this?" I screamed at him but I got nothing from him, his eyes were fixed on his prey right in front of him. 

"You know the meaning of this, don't you? You've just started a war!" Victor screamed at him, "are you prepared for what'll happen next?" 

"I've started nothing yet," The devil shrugged, and the next moment he aimed the gun at him again. 

"No! Don't! Please stop!" I pushed his hand aside, "please stop," I begged. 

"Hmm," He looked at me for a moment, "We have to change a few things but fine, let's stop this here," He grabbed my hand and pulled me up to my feet, "You're going to get married but your groom won't be him." 

I frowned. 

"You're going to marry me." He stated.

I slapped him hard, and immediately dozens of guns were aimed at me. 

I glared at him, "You're crazy!" 

"You bastard!" Victor was now standing on his feet and punched him in the face. He pulled me to his side, "She's mine," He hissed. 

"You know what? I officially declare the war," Mikhail's eyes darkened as he pointed his gun at him, and my eyes widened in horror, "NO!" I screamed but he paid no heed and pulled the trigger. 

"Viktor!" I screamed as I tried to stop the blood gushing out from his wound, tears rained down on my cheeks, "No, please no!" I screamed as he slowly began to close his eye, "Amy..." He whispered as he lifted his hand to reach my face but another shot was fired right at his heart, his blood spattered on my face, and his hand fell to the ground lifeless.

I was shaken to the core.  

A hand pulled me up to my feet but my eyes still lingered on my fiance who lay there motionless. Devil's cold hand turned my face to him, "Now, shall we?" He raised a brow at me. I pushed him away making him stumble backward, "Over my dead body!" I yelled.

"Fine, if you want another dead body here, so be it," He motioned to his men who instantly grabbed my dad, making him kneel down they aimed their guns at him. "No! stop!" I tried to run to him but he pulled me back to him. "Why are you doing this?" I yelled, "Leave him alone!" I shouted.

"I will, if you marry me, right here, right now," He voiced his condition.

"Never!" I shook my head as I struggled to free myself from his grip, "I won't ask again," he raised his other hand which he held a gun, he placed his finger on the trigger, and he gave me one last look, "I will!" My voice coincided with the sound of the gunshot, my breath hitched as I saw my dad fall to the ground, "Dad!" I shouted, "Let me go!" I shouted but he didn't budge. 

"Don't worry, I missed the vital points, he'll live..." he trailed off, "If he gets treated on time," he then added.

"Please call the ambulance!" I begged, "Please!" 

"I will, if you marry me here, I will," He shrugged.

"Let's take him to the hospital first," I argued.

"Don't delay, my dear, the more you delay the more his life will run out," he clicked his tongue as he let go of my wrist, "let's do this again," he said extending his hand, "Coming?" he raised a brow at me, I looked at my dad who was bleeding on the floor, I sobbed at my helplessness and slowly placed my trembling hand on his.

"Wise decision," he commented.

I closed my eyes as I turned my face away.

"Then without further delay," He dragged me to the end of the aisle and raised his brow at the priest, the father immediately read the vows.

"I do," he nodded.

"Do you Amethyst Jones, take Mikhail Fedorov as your lawfully wedded husband?" The priest asked. 

What was lawful here? My heart bled as I remembered the dreadful sight of things that happened here. Then I remembered my dad's words, "He makes the law here!"

"We don't have all the time here, nor does your father." He whispered into my ear.

"I do," I bit my lips as I barely whispered.

I stood there helpless in my white now turned-red gown, as the ambulance was brought in which took my dad, I wanted to be with him but was held back by the demon, none other than my now husband. Tears fell down as I peeked at my fiance's dead body, it burnt my heart but I swore as I looked at the monster who wrecked my life, "I'll burn your entire existence!"