Chapter 8

The paramedics took my dad inside the ambulance. I wanted to go with him. I wanted to be with him, but an iron grip pulled me back. 

"Let me go!" I yelled at the monster who caused all this. 

"You're coming with me," He said as he dragged me.

"I am not going anywhere with you," I shouted, struggling, trying to free myself from his grip. I nailed his hand, bit it, and did everything possible, but he wouldn't budge at all. 

"Let me freaking go!" I continued to attack him until we reached an enormous gate. The iron gate clanged open and there were about over 100 men in the vicinity. The car drove a few miles, and at the end of the driveway stood a huge manor. He dragged me out without uttering a word of complaint. What the hell are you? My mind screamed, seeing his bleeding hand. 

He dragged me through the hall and up the stairs. He opened the door to the room at the end of the hallway and threw me inside. 

"This is your room. Stay and behave." With only those words, he shut the door from outside. 

"Hey!" I screamed, beating on the door, "You madman! Open the door!" I shouted. "Open the damn door!" I screamed, beat, and kicked the door, but I heard nothing but my own sobs. "Just let me go, please!" I leaned against the door and cried. 

***

He locked the door from outside and placed two of his guards on the door, "Keep an eye on her, see that she doesn't do something stupid." He gave them his orders. Taking long strides, he made his way to his room, right opposite hers, at the other end of the hallway. 

He could still hear her screams until he shut the door to his room, now there was silence. He took a deep breath as he glanced at his hands covered in blood, of the men he killed today and some of his, from the injuries his newlywed wife gave him. 

He discarded his dirty clothes and stepped into the shower. As the hot shower hit his head, he closed his eyes, he didn't plan to bring her here, he didn't even plan to marry her but things had taken a worse turn. The hot water washed the blood off him, as he mulled deeper into his thoughts. His eyes snapped open at the ringtone of his phone, wrapping the towel around his bottoms, he slipped outside to attend to the call. 

"Yeah, I know," He answered the person at the other end.

"How will you explain this?"  The male voice asked.

"What's there to explain?" He asked nonchalantly. 

"Seriously, after throwing the whole country into chaos? You just killed a Vasiliev, their young prince at that." The man expressed his concern.

"I was just retrieving something of mine and he got in the way," He shrugged as he grabbed his black shirt from the closet. 

"Is that why you married her? To justify your actions?" 

"Justify?" He scoffed. "I'd call it a simple method to stop the chaos." 

"Of course, you softhearted bully!" The man laughed. 

Finished changing, he walked into his room, his eyes then stopped at the mirror in front of him,

"Do I even have a heart?" His eyes narrowed at the nail marks on his hand.

"You do my friend, to put a stop to the ongoing war, you just sacrificed your bachelorhood, dear friend. Now instead of political chaos, it'll be a war between Fedorov and Vasiliev, which one is the worse I wonder?" The guy mocked him. 

"Did you call me for this? Nikolai Romanov." 

"We're going by full name now? Did I irk you?" Nikolai laughed. "Don't sulk, I called you to tell you that it'll only be Fedorov vs Vasiliev, others will not interfere, as you suggested, you were there only to retrieve your wife." 

"Uh-huh." 

"Hey, where're my thanks? I read your moves and even made things easy for you and I don't even get a thank you?" 

He cut the call as he heard noises from outside, he frowned. Opening the door, he saw his men gathered around his wife's room. 

"Get away!" he heard her shout. 

He hurriedly went over only to see, his bride was swinging a gun in her hands. 

"Didn't I tell you to clean the room?" He hissed at the housekeeper who was standing at the door, fidgeting. 

"I'm sorry," Her voice trembled as she prostrated in front of him.

"Now, that's not a child thing to play, give that back, please," One of his men was approaching Amethyst slowly. 

"Child's thing to play?" She scoffed as she fired a shot in the air. 

"Stay back, she knows how to use it," Mikhail yelled at the man as he pulled him back.

"Oh look who's here," She laughed, "it's the demon himself." 

"And you don't wanna become one, so put that down now, Amethyst." He commanded her as he took a step forward.

"No! You step back!" She yelled.

He took another step towards her.

"Stay away!" She shouted before firing another shot, it hit the wall, and Mikhail stopped.

"I'm warning you, next shot won't miss." She held her breath as she aimed at him.

"You can, but make sure to think of the consequences, you think you can get out of here?" he took another step forward.

"Stand back, I won't say it again," She fixed her finger on the trigger. 

"Trust me, you don't wanna get blood on your hands," He told her.

"If it's your blood, I don't think I'd mind," She smirked, "The pain that you've caused me, at least a little physical pain you can take it, can't you?" 

"Fine go ahead then," He began to walk towards her, "But don't forget, your dad is still in the hospital," He blackmailed her.

"I know!" She shouted as tears pooled in her eyes, "I know." Her voice came out as a whisper.

"Now, give that damn thing here, Am," he yelled at her as he caught hold of her hand, a shot fired and they both fell down. 

Turning over, he looked for any signs of injuries on her, he heaved a sigh to find nothing as she had only passed out, as the bullet had hit his shoulder. "You're really a handful, Am." He shook his head as he looked at the trouble he had brought home.