Don't Make Me Chose

"You don't love her. You just want the fame that comes with dating Hermione Granger."

"I love her more than life itself. She is bloody perfect and for some bizarre reason she loves me back. I don't deserve her. I know it and you know it. But she wants to be with me and I am going to spend the rest of my life doing everything I can to make sure she is happy and looked after. No measure of time with her will ever feel long enough but I will try for forever."

Draco didn't look embarrassed. He didn't care who heard him. He didn't care if the guys called him 'whipped' or 'under the thumb'. He would happily admit that he was. 

But the boys didn't even laugh. Actually they looked proud of him for being man enough to admit his feelings. The boys all knew the same thing - they felt exactly as he did.

"Hermione," Ron said turning her attention back to him. "Come on. You don't like romantic gestures. You don't need all that flashiness and declarations. This is me. You are not going to turn your back on me and my family."

"Ron, I -"

"Pick me. You know that  I am better for you. I am warning you, if you chose him, you will never see me or my family again. I speak for all of them when I say -"

"You don't speak for me," Ginny snapped. 

"We've already been over this." Charlie sighed bored. "No matter what Mione decides we will still be there for her."

"Pipe down you two or I will -"

"Ron!" Hermione shouted getting his attention. She sighed. "Please don't make me choose. Don't ask me to pick between you and him."

"Why not?" Ron snapped again. 

"Because it will always be him. I will always choose Draco."

"And we will always support your decision," Mr Weasley smiled at her. 

"We will. You may not have ended up my daughter-in-law, but you are still my family. You are this young man here are perfect together." Molly smiled hugging Hermione. She then turned to Ron. "You better get back to your date and stop all this nonsense. You do not want to end a 7-year friendship over this son. She has chosen him and you will respect that."

"But -"

"No buts!"

Something flashed in Ron's eyes and his temper began to rise. "Fine. Have the little whore! Harry, Ginny let's go."

"No," Ginny said folding her arms. 

"Gin, we are leaving. Harry you will pick me, won't you? Let's go back to the house and -"

"This is my home, Ron." Harry explained. "I live here. This is my family. They have adopted me, and I am a part of them. I love being here. They are good people. And don't you ever call Hermione that again!"

"So you are going to turn your back on me too?"

"Me? Turn on you? You called me a traitor. You told me to stay away from you. You never spend time with me. When I tried to talk to you, you told me to 'fuck off' and now you expect me to follow you blindly. Maybe I would have once, but not any more. I am staying with Hermione and my girlfriend Pansy."

"And I am not leaving. The party is not over." Ginny said. 

"We are going. You have to choose me. I am your family."

"You are not acting like any family I know of. You are being a bully. I am staying. Theo and I will be-"

"There is no you and Theo. He is not your boyfriend. He is a Death Eater for fuck's sake. You are whoring yourself out to these Slytherin's like Hermione is. I will not allow it. It's disgusting enough to watch her do it!"