The Mothers

Draco had managed to sneak off for the afternoon on a boring Wednesday afternoon. Hermione and Harry were spending the afternoon with Hagrid. Hermione had asked him to come along but he had told her that it should just be her and Harry. One of the last times that they could do this. 

Besides he had mothers to see. 

And so he was sitting in the Three Broomsticks waiting for their arrival. He knew no students would be out here today. There was a Quidditch match this afternoon. It was not an actual house match, just a friendly game organised by the teachers for the first years, but still, it would get a good turnout. The year 8's would be coaching. He also had Theo and Pansy keeping a lookout for him to make sure no one from school saw them.

He had ordered both ladies a glass of their favourite wine and himself a glass of Firewhiskey. To settle his nerves more than anything. 

He didn't have to wait long as the door to the pub opened and in stepped Adelia and his mother arm in arm looking practically giddy. He stood up, and they spotted him in the corner, making their way to his table. 

Adelia reached out first and hugged and kissed him before passing him to his mother, who repeated the process. They then sat down. 

"Those are for you both," he gestured to the glass. 

"You are sweet, Draco," Adelia said. "So," she looked to Narcissa. "What is the occasion?" She tried to hide a laugh. 

And Draco couldn't help himself. He knew they knew what they were here for and he wanted to have a little fun...at their expense.

"I wanted to speak with you about Hermione," he started trying not to laugh. 

"Oh?" Narcissa said, eyeing her friend. "Go on."

"Yeah, I wanted to ask you both a favour."

"OK?" Adelia said, a little confused. 

"Now, this is top secret. I have not broken the news to Hermione, so you can't tell anyone what I am about to tell you. Do you promise?"

"Broken the news?" Narcissa asked. "What news?" She knew it didn't sound good. 

"Do you promise?" he asked again as both women nodded.

"Ok, you see the thing is, I have to go off on business for a few months over the summer and I know that Hermione is going to be a bit disappointed as we had plans this summer. So I wanted to book you ladies a few days away. Spa sessions and shopping weekends, that sort of thing. I know you are both very busy women, and I wanted to check your planners first to see when you are free?"

Both Narcissa and Adelia sighed. Their shoulders dropped in disappointment. 

"That is what you wanted to talk about?" Narcissa asked. He nodded. 

When she heard that Draco wanted to meet with Adelia and herself, she was almost certain that he was going to talk to them about marriage. Asking Hermione to marry him. Adelia and her had talked about nothing else since they came home from the hospital. They were so delighted that their children were about to take this step in their relationship. 

Narcissa knew they got carried away, talking about wedding details like where they could have the ceremony and when. Times of year and colour schemes to match. The women had even talked about throwing the couple a surprise engagement party and starting working on details like guest lists and food. 

They both felt a bit foolish now.

"Oh..well...Draco, that is very sweet of you to think of ways to keep Hermione happy while you are away. She will miss you terribly."