Just Maybe

The girl glares at me, as i move her hand from my neck. The pocket knife still points towards me. "What do you want." She utters. "Maybe a hello or something you know. You can put the knife down now. Just a suggestion." I say. She looks at her hand, then back at me. The knife lowers as she closes it. She sits back down. "Whatever it is that you're promoting, i'm not interested." She says. "Good thing i'm not promoting anything then." I shoot back. She glares at me. "What are you writing about?" I ask. "This school has many secrets. I intend to find each and every single one out." She says, typing away. "Secrets? What kind of secrets?" "None too extraordinary. Your everyday monster, the principals lies, basic stuff." She says, nonchalantly. "Oh yea, definitely. Sounds interesting." I say. "It is. Now, is there anything else you'd like to be informed about, for i am busy." She says. "Nope, carry on. I'll let myself out, no need to strangle me and point another knife at me. Just saying." I say, walking to the door. "Hey." She says. I turn around. "Welcome." She says. I smile a little, before heading back to my room.

...

It's the evening already. I spent most of my day cleaning the excuse of a dorm room. I'm positive this place is infested with spiders. I saw about 3 in my time. The walls are run down, unable to support any kind of wall paper. It looks as if someone just threw a bucket of paint at a wall and called it a dorm room. Anyways, i cleaned most of what i could. It's still pretty run down, yet it'll have to do. I take my suitcase and open it. Four pairs of clothes, hygiene supplies, my knife, and a picture of my family. My life in a box, you could say. I gaze at the picture. All the fun times we had. Now look at me. I'm as bad as these people. I put the picture down. I put my clothes in my drawer, and put my suitcase in the corner of the room. I lie down on the bed, staring at the ceiling. What a day. If only it could've been better. A spider hangs from it's web on the ceiling. What i'd give to trade my life with one of those creatures. Not a care in the world. Just wake up, eat, sleep, and die. Only one purpose in life. The spider retreats back to its web. My eyes start to get heavy. I soon drift into sleep. The cold keeps me half-awake, yet i feel comfortable. For now.

...

I'm running away from this thing in the woods. It's huge. The size of two of me. It chases me and chases me. I'm running as fast as i can, yet i feel as if i'm being held back. Like weights on my shoulders. I fall to the ground. I hurriedly get back up and continue running. I Spot a temple of some kind in the near distance. I dive into it. The monster speeds past me. I breath hard, trying to catch my breath. I look around. What is this? I look at the name on the wall. "CrackStone's Crypt." What?  A large tomb lies in the middle of the room. I've stumbled upon a deadman's final resting place. I go to leave when i hear my name being whispered. I turn around. I see a very scarred man, in pilgrim clothes, looking me dead in the eyes. He had a long, green cane, and a eerily wide smile. "You freaks will burn when i awake. You all will burn. Fire will rain." He says, in a deep, almost demonic tone. I glare at him. He points behind me. The monster is charging at me. What the hell, just take me.
I wake up. Cold sweat runs down the side of my head. I'm gasping. Must've been a nightmare. The moonlight shines through my window. I go through it, feeling the cold air hit my skin. i lean against the railing. My hair rustles and flows through itself as the wind flows through it. I've come a long way, yet i feel i've gone in the wrong direction. I wonder who that man was. In my dream. A real man? Or a figment of my imagination? It seemed all too real. I hear classical music in the near distance. Like a cello. I crawl onto the roof and start towards the sound. It grows louder and louder as i inch closer. I hang from the roof into another terrace. The same girl from yesterday sits there, playing her heart away. I hang there for a minute, watching, listening. She sounds determined. The music, at least. She stops, assuming she's done for the night. "Sounds good." I say. She looks up. She stares at me for a second. "Didn't your mother tell you it's not right to spy on innocent girls?" She asks. "The music woke me up. Of course i wanted to see who was playing. And you're anything but innocent." i respond. A small smile creeps onto her face. The first sign of emotion i've seen from her. I smile. "What're you doing up this late?" I ask. "I rarely sleep. Gives an opportunity for enemies to smother me. Can't be too careful." "You need to sleep you know. Not healthy." "I've gone a month straight without sleep. This is merely practice." "Still." I say, with a smile. We both lean against the railing. "You know, i never caught your name." I say. "It's Wednesday. Wednesday Addams." "Horrible to meet you Wednesday." She slightly smiles. "My name's Y/N." "Horrible to meet you too Y/N." We smile. The sun begins to rise in the horizon. "The teachers will come to wake us up. Boys aren't allowed with girls. We'll have to pick up where we left off some other time." She says. "Sounds nice." I say. We smile to each other. I crawl back to where i came from. and head to my room. I drop down from the roof, and enter into my room. I smile to myself. I've managed to make at least one friend. Even if she's psychotic. I lay my uniform on my bed. I'm glad i met her. This school year just might go a little faster. Just maybe more bearable. Just maybe.