Its real.

I sit on my bed, as the moonlight hits me. I've grown quite a liking to this spider. I'm sure it seems to like me. It crawls throughout my fingers, maneuvering through each one. The big red symbol on its back shines in the moonlight. I place it on my nightstand next to it's web, where it seems to have already caught a few meals. I stand next to the window and watch the trees in the distance ruffle and wrestle in the wind. In perspective, this place is beautiful sometimes. If only mother could see it. She used to be so into views and anomalies and what not. I used to wake up on Saturdays, and hear my name being called from the living room. I'd walk out to see my mother, on the patio, with the door wide open, gesturing me to come with her. We watched the sunset most nights. It was calming. Until the incident happened. She won't look at me the same. If i could just take back what i did, i'd still have her by my side. Now it's just me. I need to learn that some people won't ever stay with you like they say they will. It's just a matter of time before-
I hear one of the floorboards creak.
I pretend not to hear it.
I slowly but surely reach for my waist.
You know, i loved being a kid. Mostly the fact that i needed to worry about nothing, and i'd be protected no matter what. Well, unfortunately, i'm not a kid anymore. I need to protect myself.
I pull out a dagger and point it at the floor board in a quick motion. A hand sits there. "What the-" The hand begins crawling around. I begin to try and grab it, and finally at last, i hold it still. I slowly raise the dagger. How exciting. As i start to bring it down, the hand motions me to stop. It's palm is facing me, and i can make out a little writing. It's from Wednesday, she needs me to call her. I turn to the hand. "Let's uh, not tell wednesday about the 'i almost killed you' thing, yeah?" I ask. The hand gives me the finger. I like that hand.

The phone answers and wednesday begins talking. "That's thing." She says. "I can see." I respond. "Are you still willing to help me escape?" She asks. "I would've thought they'd have you on lockdown by now." "There's the harvest festival this weekend. Attendance is mandatory. I'm planning on using it as a cover. If you can get me to the train station, i can make it worth your while." "i don't see why not. And don't worry about the cost, i think i'll be making an escape myself anyway." "Well then this weekend it is." "For sure." She smiles a little before hanging up the call. Thing scurries away and slips under my door. I stand at the window once more. The moon is bright tonight. Soon to be, i'll make my escape, and maybe, just maybe, start a better life for myself. A life where i can watch sunsets by myself and not care for anything or anyone. Just myself, the way it was meant for me.

...

I walk throughout the festival, watching kids and adults alike, playing games, winning prizes, eating the fat infused nonsense that is carnival food, just making memories. Would be a shame if someone where to blow the place to smithereens. Just joking. I wouldn't do that with Wednesday here.

I spot Wednesday talking to another guy, as i walk up. As i reach them, they both stop talking. "Did i interrupt something?" I ask. "Nope." They guy says before walking away. Interesting. "We gotta hurry if we're gonna make it to the train station on time." I say. "I have some dead weight i need to lose first. Meet me in the parking lot when the fireworks start." She responds. I nod and start towards the opposite direction. As i walk, i see the spider again. It's like it's following me. The red symbol glows in the moonlight. I stop, and pick it up. It looks at me with its eight eyes. I make a face, before placing it on my shoulder and continuing on. I make it to the parking lot, awaiting the fireworks.

"The train leaves in an hour, we're burning moonlight." She says, turning. As we begin walking, i feel a tap on my shoulder. I look at the spider on my shoulder, as one of its legs point behind us. I look, and see the boys from the Weathervane. "Wednesday. Behind us." I say. She looks and says "We can lose them in the crowd. On my count, start running." I nod. As we both begin running, she runs into a kid with glasses. She lies there, for a good minute. I begin poking her, trying to wake her up. Suddenly, she jerks up. She looks around, with a weird look on her face. She gets up and runs after the kids with glasses. You've got to be kidding. I run with her.

I hide behind a tree as The kid gives some speech about how Wednesday will destroy the school. Personally, i couldn't care less, but he's holding Wednesday's life in his hands. I can't let him take it away. I throw my dagger low, as to make sure i don't kill him. It pierces his ankle, as he screams in pain. He looks at me as i begin taunting. "Pick on me bitch. Too scared? Fucking freak." His hand points to me as Wednesday drops. Suddenly, i feel pressure around my throat. "Wednesday... Run..." I manage to squeeze out. He begins smiling.

We all hear a growl as we turn to see what it is. The monster tackles down the boy, clawing and stabbing him with its razor sharp claws. Me and Wednesday watch in horror as the boys insides are squeezed out. The monster turn to us.
I get a flashback.
It's the monster from my dream.
It's real.