Ghost Orchid

The sun rises along the edge of the sky as me and the goth beauty i adore so much hold each other. We sit over a bridge. Our legs hang over the edge as we watch the sky, in all of its beauty. I wouldn't trade anything for this. All my life, i've felt empty. The shell of another. Not with her. I feel whole. She smiles at me. I smile back. Her hand squeezes mine. I've felt nothing but hatred towards love, yet, She brings out the love inside me. From the deepest, darkest pits of my heart.
Suddenly, she lets go of my hand, and pushes off the edge. I watch in sadness as she falls into a black abyss of nothing. I sit by myself on the edge, noticing the sky turning red, and the trees losing their leaves. I look up at the sky, and await my fate.
———————————————————————————

My eyes slowly open. Just a dream. I sit up, scratching my neck. I don't have to look at myself to know i look horrible. Like i've been hit by a bus. Today, i need to assist Wednesday in gathering insight on Rowan. As much as it pains me to say, i'm looking forward to it.
I lay my uniform across my bed, and stare at it for a second. A small smile crawls onto my face. I get to see Wednesday. Though it's hard to say, i've taken a liking to Wednesday. I think. She's a good person, just a delicate soul with bandages. Being her friend would not only benefit her, but maybe it would better me as well. I've gone my whole life without anyone, why not change? Maybe i'll be a different person. That, i hope to be, cause truth be told, i hate myself. More than anyone else on this floating rock we call earth. Maybe, just maybe, i'll learn to tolerate myself, with help from Wednesday of course. This is it, the start of a change. A change in myself. I smile to myself. Yeah right.
———————————————————————————

I sit in my chair, sketching to past the time. I've grown quite fond of spiders since the little incident last night. They're all i can think about. I took a picture of it, for memories of course.

Bianca stands with her group of friends as they look at Wednesday and laugh

Bianca stands with her group of friends as they look at Wednesday and laugh. I do feel bad for Wednesday, but i could never show that. Emotions are weaknesses.
"I see you finally made a friend." Bianca says to Wednesday, laughing a little.
"Even if it is a plant." She adds, still giggling.
"I go for quality over quantity." Wednesday shoots back, shutting Bianca down. Her mere glare is enough to make her move.
I sigh. "Wednesday, There's a seat next to me, if you'd like." I say, as she looks over at me. She nods.
As she sits next to me, i can see Xavier glaring at me. He looks upset. I couldn't have an idea in the world why, yet he just glares at me. He waves his hand over his paper, as what looks like a spider leaps off the page. It crawls down his table and makes it's way to mine. It crawls up my table and stops in front of Wednesday.
" Mr Thorpe, I doubt Wednesday and Y/N are impressed by your tricks." Miss Thornhill says. Looking at us. Wednesday glares at it for a second, before smashing it with her fist. The class chuckles a bit.
"Wednesday, Y/N, We're thrilled to have you both join us on our journey into the world of carnivorous plants." Miss Thornhill says.
"Now who can tell me what's the name of this beauty?" She asks, holding up a plant.
"Dendrophylax lindenii." Wednesday says out loud.
"Otherwise known as the ghost orchid." Bianca adds, almost in a competitive tone.
"First discovered on the isle of wight in 1854." Wednesday says.
I smirk.
"Very good Wednesday. You may have competition for first chair, Bianca." Miss Thornhill says, smiling.
The class lets out an "oohh" sound.
"Wednesday, perhaps you can identify the ghost orchid's greatest qualities?" She asks.
"Resilience and adaptability. It's able to thrive in even the most hostile environments." Wednesday says, clearly in a silent competition with Bianca.
"But its mere presence can change the ecosystem, causing the established plants to reject it." Bianca says, almost anxiously.
"Usually because the native species is allowed to thrive unchecked. Nothing a Weedwacker couldn't fix." Wednesday says, unfazed.
"You can most certainly try." Bianca says, glaring at Wednesday.
"Are we still talking about plants?" I ask out loud.
The class erupts into laughter.

"Thank you, ladies, for those illuminating insights. Clearly the plants aren't the only carnivores in class today." Miss Thornhill says, smiling.
I grin at Wednesday.

———————————————————————————

Sorry for the delay, just been getting into school sleep schedule and what not. Please leave suggestions if you'd like. Btw, thank you guys so much for almost 8k reads! I couldn't thank you people more.
-uk