Nero

I sit in my room, talking with my new kinda-friend, thing. We've arranged appointments with each other, every Friday. If i'm being honest, thing has the qualities of three amazing people in just one hand. I tell him stuff about me, and he tells me stuff about him. It's a mutual connection in my opinion, yet i still find it hard to believe that he's supposedly Wednesday's... friend? Assistant? Pet? I don't really know what she'd clarify him as. What i do know, is that he must have a lot to tell, living with someone like Wednesday.
I hear a knock on the door.
Speak of the devil, and she shall arrive.
I open the door, to see Wednesday glaring at me.
"Well hello." I say.
She walks past me, into my dorm.
"No i don't mind at all, just make yourself at home." I say, sarcastically.
"Not that i care, but what are you up to?" She asks, gazing around my room.
"Oh nothing, just thinking about isolating myself from the world so i won't have to put up with the nonsense this earth has to offer. How about you?" i ask.
She glances from my bed to my desk, seemingly looking for something.
"Just looking for thing. Any chance you've seen hi-"
The hand crawls up my back and rests on my shoulder.
I look at her with a small smile.
"And how long has this been happening?" she asks.
"Not too long. In my opinion you two are due for a long talk. Lots of words have been exchanged, with him and i. Lots of backstories." I say, smiling.
"Backstories? Color me curious." She says.
"Main topic has been you, honestly. Sorry for your loss." I say.
"Loss? What loss?" She asks.
"Your scorpion. Nero. You know." I say, a small smile crawling onto my face.
She glares at me.
"May i speak with Thing." She asks. More of a demand in my opinion.
I nod and start for the door. Thing hops off my shoulder and lands on the floor. As i close the door, i hear them start talking, but pay no attention. It isn't my business, not my place to eavesdrop. I sit on the floor, with my back against the wall, leaning my head back. I feel a little bad for thing. He must be getting chewed out badly in there. The words being spoken start to be drowned out, as my vision starts to blur. I close my eyes, and not purposefully, fall asleep.
———————————————————————————

Wednesday's Pov

"Yes, i snapped at you. I'll be sure to check my tone in the future." I say.
Thing sits on Y/N's bed, not satisfied.
"Now chop chop, before all of our leads turn cold." I say, trying to get him up.
He still sits there, more unsatisfied than ever.
"What is it that you want? Hand cream? Nail buffer? New cuticle scissors? Consider it done."
He flips the page on one of Y/N's books.
"Look, i know i'm stubborn, single minded and obsessive, but those are all good traits of good writers."
He sits up and signs to me.
"Yes, and serial killers, what's your point?"
He sings me a little more.
"I have nothing to get off my chest. I will not be submitting to your emotional blackmail."
He taps his fingers a bit.
"Fine. When Rowan showed me this, it confirmed my greatest fear. That I'm going to be responsible for something terrible. Not good terrible, like Ivan. Bad terrible. And I can't let that happen. That's why I need to find out the truth."
He taps a bit harder.
"What do you mean that's not what you meant?"
He taps louder.
"Why would i think of Y/N like that? He's merely an acquaintance."
He shakes.
"You saw that? I made sure to check the dorm. You couldn't have been there."
He shakes a bit more.
"So what if i like him? It's very much not even a bit of your business."
He throws his fingers up, and flips the page to his book.
"Breathe a word of this to anyone and I will end you."

———————————————————————————

Y/N's Pov

The door opens, causing me to awake. I stand to my feet, as Wednesday watches.
"Did you hear any of that?" She asks.
"Yeah, not that i listens though." I reply.
"Good, I would've had to rip your eardrums out." She says, walking past me.
I smile.
"Y/N."
I turn around.
"I've hidden a small explosive in your room. Speak of Nero again, and i will detonate it." She says.
I smile wider. Time to get back to my appointment.