Untold Understanding

After the library, i ended up talking a break from this murder investigation stuff. It's great to dig deeper into a case, but i have needs too. I lie in bed, going through my playlist. My headphones rattle as the bass deafens me.

Reminds me a bit of when i got here. I wonder how mothers doing. I hope she's okay. No matter where i am on her priority list, i'll still try to care for her.

Kinda lost care when i found out she kept dads secret from me, though. Speaking of secrets, i haven't seen a single spider in a while. Kinda alarming, but i can't think too much about it.

There's a monster on the loose. Far more interesting than my little "power" or whatever you wanna call it.

I skip through my playlist, landing on 'La Llorona' by Angela Aguilar. This song reminds me so much of Wednesday, which is one of the reasons why i like it so much.

As much as i'd hate to say it, i've grown a liking to Wednesday. No matter how much i push my feelings down, they find a way to flood my mind with thoughts of her.

There isn't time for that though. As a wise woman once said, emotions are weakness.  I just wish i had more leverage on our relationship. I'm more than fine with being an acquaintance, however i just want to show her my feelings.

Wednesday isn't one of those girls though. I can't buy her fake flowers and a balloon and expect her to be charmed. She's a classy girl. A girl with more personality in her finger than i have in my whole body.

It would take a big gesture to show her. I can't think too thorough. She most likely thinks of me as a partner. A helping hand in this investigation. I cannot ruin our friendship.

Best to restrain feelings. Better than ruining things.

I close my eyes, listening to Angela Aguilar singing her heart out.
I drift off to sleep.

———————————————————————————

It's dark around me. Drowning in the depth of pitch blackness. It's cold. Colder than ice. I feel as if i've had a great loss. Like i've lost someone close to me. I float through the empty void that's infront of me. No feeling, No sensation, Nothing.

A hand grips my shoulder. I turn around. She stands there. Smiling.

"Tell me." She says.

"I thought i lost you." I say.

"Your feelings. Tell me." She says, holding her smile.

"I can't. You'll leave. I don't want you to leave." I say.

"I'll love you. With all of my black little heart. If you must die, i'll envy the earth that wraps your body. i'll always love you. Mon Cher." she says.

I feel a warmth in my heart.

"I love you more."

———————————————————————————

knock knock

I open my eyes. My head hurts. I look at my phone. 1:24 AM. Who could this be? Awaking me from my dream.

I stand, rubbing my eyes.

knock knock

"i'm coming." I say, my voice still adjusting.

I walk to the door, stumbling a little.

I open it, being greeted by Wednesday, in a black suit.

"Did you just rob someone? or.."

"I was looking for the book. I can't sleep, do you mind?"

"Not at all." I say, standing aside.

She enters, looking around a bit.

"Where's enid?" I ask.

"In the Infirmary with Yoko. She had Garlic Poisoning."

"Interesting."

"I'm joining them tomorrow. For the poe cup."

"You? Like, in the race?"

"I just need to get to Crackstone's Crypt. Don't ask."

"Right."

"Can i sleep here tonight?"

"What?"

"Do you mind if i sleep here tonight? Knowing Enid, she'll be there all night with Yoko. I'm used to her talking me to sleep. Just for tonight."

"I guess..."

She lies on my bed, kicking off her shoes. I take a blanket from my closet and lie on the floor. I use my hoodie as a pillow and begin to fall back asleep.

"You can sleep here too, if you wanted to."

"Huh?"

"It is your room... i don't want to seem rude to you."

"okay..."

I stand, taking my blanket with me. I lie down next to her, as she moves over. I make sure to keep a little distance, as to not be weird. We look at eachother, being illuminated by the moon light.

"Did you get caught? You know, looking for the book?"

"Of course not."

"good."

"I could've used you, you know."

"I know. I apologize."

"Don't. I'd hate to pity you."

"Right."

There's a bit of silence. I look everywhere else, but her. Yet i feel her eyes burning into me.

"Can i ask you a question?" She asks.

"What's up?"

"Do you ever think, that there's more to us?"

"What do you mean?"

"I can't shake the feeling of thinking there's an untold understanding that we're more than what we say we are."

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Is there anything you'd bother to tell me?"

"is there something you want to hear?"

"No.. I just.... Never mind."

"Wednesday, you're a smart person. You'd know if anyone, especially me, wasn't telling you anything. And i'm proud to say, i have nothing to tell you."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive."

"Do you like me?"

"Of course. You're a great partner. I'd ask for no one else to help in this investigation."

"No. i mean... like love."

There's a deafening silence between us. The moonlight lies on us. Everything seems to have stopped, like magic.

i wrap my arms around her. She moves a little, but stops.

"Goodnight Wednesday."

I let her go, and turn the other way.

I hear her rustle a bit before turning away.

"Goodnight, Y/N."

———————————————————————————

Hope you all like this chapter. I apologize for my absence. I'll try to update a little more on time lol. Please leave suggestions if you'd like.

-uk