Arachne

I sit on my bed as Wednesday sits next to me. I wipe my tears away and clear my throat. "Where.. did you get this." i ask, the knot in my throat making it hard to talk.
"I did research on your father. He did studies on various types of Arachnid. He was offered interviews with major talk shows, to all of them he refused. He stated he'd rather spend his time with his son." Wednesday said, looking down.
I pause, looking at her.
"Wednesday. Where did you get this." I ask again, feeling tears start brewing in my eyes.
"He left various clues through out his work, i just followed them and it led me to an old tool house in the woods by the town. I have the first one." She says.
I gulp, fidgeting with my fingers.
"i uhm, i'm sorry." i say, looking at her.
"I've dealt with worse."
"Doesn't give me the right to touch you like that. I mean it. i'm sorry."
Her hand moves to my shoulder.
"It's fine."
We stay like that for what feels like eternity.
i move her hand and stand up.
"Who is arachne? And what did he mean by powers." I ask, as she glares at me.
"Arachne is a greek goddess, the daughter of Idmon of Colophon in Lydia. She was renowned for challenging the Goddess of war, Athena. There were few of her species, but she still thrived, until she didn't. She was decapitated." She explained.
"Species? What do you mean?" I ask.
"She was half spider, half human." She says.
She continued to explain, but her words were drowned out, as i thought and thought about my father.
What were his connections to Arachne? What really happened to him? Why would she be coming for me? Far too many questions, yet still far too little answers.
"Y/N." Wednesday says, snapping me out of my trance.
"It seems you have a lot on your mind. I'll talk to you tomorrow. We'll need to ask thing for any insight on rowan. I'm sorry for this, altercation." She says.
"If rather it be you." I say, smiling a little.
She looks at me from the hallway.
I see a small hint of red form on her cheeks, still keeping her monotonous look.
"Goodnight Y/N."
She says, smiling a little, closing the door.
I gaze at the book on my bed.
If he wanted me to know about Arachne, why didn't he just tell me. Is the "brave warrior" he was talking about supposed to be Wednesday?
I place the book on my nightstand.
I throw myself onto the bed.
I honestly didn't mean to grab Wednesday like that. I didn't know it was her. I wouldn't have even touched her if i knew it was her. But the fact is, i did, and now i have to live with it. She probably hates me now. Jesus fucking christ. My eyes close, as i drift off to sleep.
———————————————————————————
Sorry for the short chapter, it's been crazy with new years and what not. Please feel free to leave suggestions if you'd like.
-uk