Just breathe

magine- silver has a panic attack and barnabas and Angelique have to calm her down.

The doors to the manor swung open, and in walked silver. Well, more like stormed in. She slammed the doors, leaning against them with her hands, breathing heavily. Her back was turned so her face wasn't shown.

She had just finished hunting, something she didn't like doing. At all. But because she was the daughter of barnabas Collins and Angelique, she had some vampire traits thanks to her father.

And one of them was the thirst for blood. Now she didn't crave blood all the time. She liked human food as well.

But sometimes, the thirst for blood would come out of nowhere and she would have no other choice but to chase that craving.

And every time she committed the killing, she hated herself. Felt like a monster that couldn't be tamed.

Tears clouded silvers vision, her breathing still heavy. There was also blood coating her lips, trailing down her chin. She wanted to break down, to crawl into a hole and die.

She didn't even hear her parents approach her and ask her if she was alright because without another minute, she used her vampire speed to run upstairs, surprisingly not tripping in the process and made it to her room.

She quickly closed the door and locked it, before backing away, running her fingers through her hair. Being Angelique's daughter, whenever her mother was upset or sad, her face would crack, showing how distressed she was.

And that's exactly what started happening to silver. A crack started forming from her forehead, down the side of her face, tears making their way down her cheeks. She began to cry, the cracks making its way from her face to her neck.

Then the door handle started shaking, which made her back away even more, and cry even harder.

"Silver, darling, open up! Please!" Her mother begged which caused her to start panicking. She knew her parents would never harm her in any way. She was more so panicking at the fact that she killed a man, and the sight was still embedded in her brain. She couldn't stop seeing it

Her breathing became more erratic, her body trembling. silver felt herself back into a corner, sliding down the wall and pulling her knees to her chest. She hugged her knees against her chest, tightly closing her eyes. Her chest quickly rose up and down, her heart beating so fast she thought it would burst.

All of a sudden, the door burst open, making silver shake even more, her face burying in her knees. She didn't want them to see her cracking face.

Within seconds, she felt arms wrap around her, her head cradled against someone's chest.

"Silver, breathe, just breathe." It was her mother, holding her gently as if she would crack even more. She gently took a hold of her face, stroking her cheeks with her thumbs.

"Just look at me. Focus on me, listen to my voice, my love. It's okay." She cooed reassuringly. Silver has had plenty of panic attacks before and Angelique and barnabas knew how to calm her down.

Angelique saw the cracks in her face and neck, her own eyes watering. She didn't like seeing her precious daughter panicking and crumbling at the same time.

Barnabas placed a hand on silvers back, rubbing it in circles. Silver looked at her mother, and even though Angelique wasn't using any magic, Angelique's voice and barnabas rubbing her back really helped calm her down.

She was able to get her breathing slowly, but surely back to normal, but the tears still fell down her cheeks. She choked on her tears as she trembled, her bottom lip quivering.

"I-I'm a monster... I-I killed an innocent man..." she cried, which caused a few tears to fall down Angelique's cheeks. How could her daughter think that?

Barnabas reached into his coat pocket, pulling out a handkerchief and gently cleaned the blood off of her face, being mindful of her cracking face. The cracks were slowly healing, thank goodness. But he was still very careful.

"My darling, you are not a monster. You did what you had to do." He tried to reassure her. He didn't like killing innocent people either. But he needed blood to survive. He was a vampire after all. And even though his daughter was half vampire, he still knew how she felt.

"I don't like killing people either. I don't have a choice, but I still do it. But you're not a monster. Besides your mother, You are the sweetest, most loving young lady I know. And you're my daughter, my precious girl."

He stroked her hair, his nails gently tracing her scalp. That helped relax her as well. She sniffled as barnabas took her hand in his free one, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. Soon, the cracks fully healed and her face was back to normal.

Except for the tears. She instantly felt drained of energy and she rested her head against barnabas shoulder. Her eyes were barely open, her face still a little pale. He cradled her head, his nails still tracing her scalp. He looked down at her, noticing how drained she was and gently slid his other arm under her knees, standing up with her in his arms.

"You should rest for a little bit, my love. You look exhausted." He said softly as he laid her down, moving the covers over her body. He was right, she did feel like she should get some sleep.

But she wasn't ready for them to leave just yet. "Will you stay for a little bit? Please?" She asked and Angelique smiled before immediately getting in bed next to her, her hand coming up to stroke her hair.

"Of course sweetheart. Now you get some sleep. You deserve it." Barnabas leaned down and kissed her forehead before stroking her temple with his thumb. She gave a tired smile before she knocked out, falling asleep instantly.

Barnabas and Angelique were so relieved that they were able to calm her down. Seeing her panic, it always frightened them. She was their Angel, their pride and joy.

And yes, she's half vampire. But she's not a monster.