Youre safe with me

One shot one- silver waking up in the middle of the night from a bad dream and barnabas comforting her

In the middle of the night, silvers eyes fluttered open, tears silently pouring down her cheeks.

Her body shook violently, her hands trembling. She had a really bad dream.

One that she's been having for a very long time.

She got out of bed and walked to her bathroom, turning on the light. She looked at herself in the mirror, her shaky hands running through her hair.

She tightly closed her eyes as she quietly choked on her tears.

A cold hand rested on her back, making her gasp and turn around.

Her silver eyes locked on barnabas red ones.

Barnabas Collins was her loving father and he was married to Angelique, her mother.

"Whatever is the matter my love? Why are you crying?" He asked as he placed a hand on her cheek, stroking it with his thumb.

She was afraid to tell him. But she could talk to him about anything.

She was his daughter, his little girl.

"I-I.... I had a bad dream. Y-you couldn't control your thirst and y-you..."

More tears fell down her cheeks as she spoke. "Y-you sucked all the blood out of me. Y-you killed me..."

Barnabas heart broke. Why would his precious girl think that?

He placed his hands on her cheeks and looked straight into her eyes.

"Listen to me. I may be a vampire but I can control my thirst. I would never ever hurt you. I will never ever let myself get out of control and I will always protect you. I will never ever kill you..."

She cried as she buried her face in his chest.

"Come on..." he whispered before picking her up bridal style and holding her close to his chest. He carried her out of the bathroom and gently laid her down on the bed.

He couldn't leave her tonight. He needed to stay with her.

He laid down beside her and moved the covers over their bodies before pulling her in his arms.

He ran his nails up and down her back, tracing her spine. He tenderly kissed her forehead.

"Get some rest my child..."

She rested her head against his shoulder as she cuddled in his arms.

"I-I love you daddy..."

She whispered as Barnabas looked down at her.

"I love you too, my dear girl..."

He then thought of something. Something he used to do to help her relax when she was a baby.

He used his thumb to stroke her temple in small strokes. It helped calm her down.

Her breathing slowly steadied, taking deep breaths. She loved it when he did that.

Her eyelids drooped and it made Barnabas smile when he saw her relax.

"That's it. Just relax..." he whispered.

He continued to do it; watching her eyelids flutter to a close. She fell asleep in his arms, her soft breathing filling the room.

Barnabas gently wiped away the tears before resting his cheek on top of her head.

"You're safe with me... nothing will harm you..."

PLEASE REVIEW AND COMMENT! IT WOULD MAKE MY DAY!! 💙💚💚