Chapter Four

The party was in full swing and everyone was enjoying themselves, Raven especially. She glided around the room, talking to everyone and enjoying the company.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door and startled a few people, the party had already started. Who on earth would be so late? Nonetheless a servant went to open the door, and a very handsome man came through the entryway. Raven couldn't put her finger on it but she swore she'd seen this man before.

Raven turned her head and saw her father walking towards the stranger, once approaching him, they shook hands.

Oh so father knows him, they must work together and that's how I know him.

Raven, thinking nothing more of the stranger, continued to enjoy her party. Dinner was served and they all enjoyed their meal. Raven stood at the door wishing everyone a farewell and safe travels. Once all the guests were gone, they closed the door. Tired and feet aching, Raven walked up the stairs to ready herself for bed, but when she passed her father's office she heard voices coming from inside, one most definitely, was her father's, the second she couldn't place. She inches closer and tries to listen.

"You must be mad if you think I'm going to allow this!" She heard her father scream.

"Oh but you must, we made a deal. You can't back out now, it's far too late." This other voice spoke.

Raven looked through the slightly open door to see her father facing away from her and the stranger facing her father.

"I'll make some other deal but you can't take her!"

Her? Who's her?

Raven thought curiously, wondering what was going on she listened closely.

"Ah but my master insists and you don't want to upset my master." The stranger then looked directly at Raven and winked.

Startled, Raven took off down the hall to her room where she closed the door and tried to control her breathing. After she controlled herself Luna came in to help her undress and ready for bed. Once finished Luna wished her goodnight and left, and a moment later there was a knock on her door.