Chapter Twenty-two

The carriage ride took them all day to get from the main manor to the winter home. Raven had fallen asleep, leaning on Nyx's shoulder.

"Are we there?" She asked sleepily.

"Yes my dear, open your eyes."

Raven's eyes fluttered open to look out to the house, Nyx was right, this house was only a little bigger than her own and appeared to have two floors. The outside was made of dark wood and a porch wrapped around the whole place. Erik was first to greet them and help them out of the carriage.

"Hello ladies." He greets you warmly.

He offers his hand and Nyx climbs out first, followed by Raven.

"Thank you Erik, will you see to our things?" Nyx asked.

"Yes ma'am." He spoke, nodded and went to unload the carriage.

Nyx leg Raven inside and they could see familiar faces getting the place ready. Bree was taking off the dust cloths, crow was setting up in the kitchen and Fae was setting up the dining table so they could have a late dinner.

Nyx continued to show Raven around the house and finally showed her the master bedroom. They ran into Erik, who was setting Nyx's things down and held Raven's things as well.

"Which room would you like Miss Raven's things ma'am?"

I would like them in here, if that's fine with you dear, if not I understand."

Sharing a room?

We've already spent the night together.

I'd really like that.

"Yes, of course, I would love to." Raven walked over and laced her fingers with Nyx's.

Erik nodded and set her things down next to Nyx's and excused himself from the room. Once they were alone Raven looked up to Nyx and saw the woman staring at her with intense eyes.

"Is everything okay?" Raven asked curiously.

Without saying a word, Nyx moved forward and picked up Raven, her skirt bunching up and legs wrapping around Nyx.

"Ah! Nyx!" Raven giggles.

She deposits her on the bed and leans over her, burying her head in the crook of her neck.

Nyx mumbles, "Everything is just fine, I just wanted to kiss you a little.." She starts kissing Raven's neck and pulls her dress aside to kiss her collarbone.

Raven lets out a small moan, "We-we have din-dinner."

"They can wait." Nyx chuckles against her skin and then suckles on a sweet spot, making Raven gasp.

All too soon, Nyx stops and kisses the spot one last time, leaning up and taking Raven with her.

"Before I get too carried away... How about some dinner?" Nyx says, looking Raven up and down.

"Although... You're looking pretty appetizing my dear."

Raven blushed at Nyx's attention and cleared her throat.

"Um y-yes, dinner?" She stutters out.

Nyx chuckled and took hold of Raven's hand, leading her out of the room and gracefully flowing down the stairs.

Raven couldn't help but smile.

She seems so... ALIVE.

So beautiful....

More energetic...

Raven happily followed Nyx into the dining room, taking notice of Erik sitting at the table as well, when he saw them he stood up.