Chapter Fifteen

"What do you mean you can't find her?!" Nyx yelled angrily.

All the servants winced and the harshness in their mistresses voice. Fae and Bree looked at each other before nudging Crow forward. He gulped and spoke calmly.

"Mistress, I saw her wrapped in a blanket headed down the south hall a mere hour ago, she couldn't have gone far I'm sure."

He bowed and said "That's all I know ma'am forgive me."

Realizing how cruel she was, Nyx approached Crow, everyone held their breath as she approached.

"I'm sorry dear friend I know you only wish to help, could you find it in your heart to forgive me?"

He nods his head "Of course mistress, we all worry for Miss Raven and want her found safely".

She releases him and hurries down the south hall to find this troubled girl. Her heart giving her the most awful feeling of dread.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meanwhile......

Raven woke with a daze, not recognizing her surroundings. Remembering what she's discovered she lifted her head to look around. The room she found herself in was smaller than her own but just as nice. The maids must work tirelessly for there was no dust to be seen. Pushing the blanket off of her she decided to get up. Raven stretched her arms above her head to wake her tired muscles, yawning in the process.

Maybe I should go back.

They're probably all worried about me.

She took a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Gathering her blanket she made her way to the door and out to the hallway. Trying to remember from which way she came was difficult to remember. The young girl soon found herself lost in the big place. As she passed a door she heard something of a click noise. When she turned to look, the door had opened slightly and a dim light was shining through.

Curiosity got the better of her and she peaked inside only to find a long tunnel instead of a room.

"What is this?" She spoke aloud.

Seeing the corridor lit by torches on the wall she lifted one and carried it with her. The tunnel seemed to go on forever, almost giving up and turning around, Raven sees a door at the end of the path. She opens the door to reveal she is outside.

Walking out she turns around to see the large house in the distance. Turning back she sees a very small path leading down the hill, clutching her blanket close as she walks down. The moonlight lighting her way just fine, she was thankful for it.

Snap!

She heard a branch behind her break, when she turned around she was met with red eyes, her scream silenced as black smoke surrounded her.