IX. professor bubbles

iris🦩@irisideask me questions i'm avoiding hw :)4:12 PM • 28 May 21 • twitter for iphone34 retweets 121 quote Tweets 6

iris🦩
@iriside
ask me questions i'm avoiding hw :)
4:12 PM • 28 May 21 • twitter for iphone
34 retweets 121 quote Tweets 6.2K likes

ella @username • 9h
replying to @iriside
are you ever planning on releasing any of your music online?

iris🦩 @iriside • 8h
replying to @username
maybe one day!! no concrete plans rn though

luca @username • 9h
replying to @iriside
favourite animal miss iris of the side

iris🦩 @iriside • 8h
replying to @username
sharks!!

ivy @username • 9h
replying to @iriside
what's your favorite movie??

iris🦩 @iriside • 8h
replying to @username
my favourite what

sadie @username • 9h
replying to @iriside
how did u meet tommy

iris🦩 @iriside • 8h
replying to @username
i tried to beat him up (real)

TommyInnit @tommyinnit • 8h
replying to @iriside and @username
that's actually true she is so mean to me

iris🦩 @iriside • 4h
replying to @username
shut up

Riley @username • 9h
replying to @iriside
what's the last lyric of a song you wrote

iris🦩 @iriside • 8h
replying to @username
"now everything reminds me of you" :))))

tommy was streaming, iris sitting in her room on a discord call with him. he was sort of just wandering around in minecraft while iris sat at her desk providing company and painting her nails.

"iris, someone asked your pronouns," tommy spoke up, looking from his chat to his other monitor, where he could see her face but his stream couldn't.

"they're she/her," iris replied, blowing softly on her hand.

"thank you, alexinnit, for the twenty pounds," tommy read the alert out. "did you actually try to beat tommy up when you first met him?" tommy huffed. "she did. it was incredibly rude, and she's lucky i tolerate her existence."

his stomach fluttered with the lie, scared he'd oversold it and that at any moment iris would show up in his bedroom ready to slap him for how much he liked her. iris nodded, not that his chat could see her. "yeah, we met when we were seven. so, basically, when i was young, i pretended to have an imaginary friend. i watched a lot of charlie and lola, and i just thought it was something everyone was 'sposed to do, so i did. tommy actually had one though-"

"he was called professor bubbles," tommy interjected cheerfully.

"and, apparently professor bubbles was on the swing," iris continued. "and i did what any self-respecting seven year old with no friends would do. i shoved him off the swing." tommy started sniffling dramatically, and she had to hold back her laughter. "yeah, and i didn't understand why tommy didn't just imagine him standing up, so tommy sat down on the swing and got really upset that i hurt professor bubbles, and i was this close to shoving him off too, but i figured he wasn't worth the recess inside,"

"and she's been trying to repay me ever since," tommy said wistfully, wiping away a pretend tear. "and along the way, she fell for my devlish good looks and massive brain."

"i'm just here for the clout," iris agreed sagely. "the second i get me one of those blue checkmarks i am out of here."

both of them laughed, and iris's fingers twitched towards her screen. her in person classes had been cancelled that week, but she had a lot of assignments coming up. she hadn't had an extended conversation with him in nearly 2 weeks because they were both so busy. so when he'd asked her to join him on stream she'd jumped at the chance. she missed him, and he missed her obviously. but neither of them wanted to admit it, even privately, for fear they'd scare the other one off.

tommy had finally gotten his license, just a few months after his 17th birthday, so now he could drive, and he'd started making plans to go and visit people already. summer break was only a few weeks away, which meant they were both drowning in work, plus with tommy streaming as much as he could, and also filming vlogs for his other channel, they hadn't been able to see each other that much.

the other night, she'd been watching criminal minds on her bed, lachy joining her while he typed furiously on his phone. "i feel bad for garcia," iris had said, "she's clearly struggling with the added work." her brother hummed, clearly trying to remain interested, but his mind was elsewhere. she sighed slightly. "do you need to-"

"sorry, squid," he kissed her forehead, not taking his eyes off the screen. "it's work. give me a minute, i'll be back as soon as i can."

so she watched the fbi agents on her screen, pulling her blanket closer to herself. she loved her brother and her mum, but the fact that they needed to work so hard always left her feeling a little lonely. she'd started messaging ranboo more and more recently, and she could confidently say that the two of them had become real friends. as in, she'd be happy to hang out with them without tommy.

he was going to film a vlog with phil, ranboo and tubbo in a few days, so this was really his last time to spend time with iris before he started getting a lot busier with his channel. she didn't want to bother him.

her phone vibrated and she expected it to be lachy, telling her he had to do more work that night, and she'd find him an hour later hunched over the kitchen counter with his laptop and two empty coffee cups. instead it was tommy. a simple wanna stream with me thursday? haven't seen you in a while.

she shot back a reply and locked her phone before turning it back on. she looked at her lockscreen, pressing a gentle touch to the tommy on her lockscreen's cheek. now, she looked up from where she'd been painting her nails, watching as he told an animated story to his chat, so happy and passionate, and she resisted the urge to do the same thing.

— AUTHOR'S NOTE
so so sorry for the lack of updates recently, my exams are in less than 2 months but however the announcement of speak now tv yesterday made me thing queen swiftie iris would want this