XXIII. content-rich

Iriside •••

Iriside •••

Liked by ranboomc and 36,240 othersiriside it's been a while! 'just because' by me! lyrics down there <3

iriside it's been a while! 'just because' by me! lyrics down there <3

i like the way you talk when you've just woken up
and i like the way we can joke about offensive stuff
i like the way you give homeless men your mittens when you're all out of spare change
and i like the way you think, i like your reasoning
everyone thinks you're brilliant, you think you don't know anything
i like the way you care, you're nice when no one's there
god, i hope you never change
cause people love to talk and people always want something from you
cause that's what people do
but i don't want a thing, i think you're astounding
and i don't care what anyone says or what anyone does
because i like you, and i like you just because

ranboolive is live!
TAKING OVER IRIS'S KITCHEN

"this is my first time in iris's house fun fact, chat." tubbo was smiling widely, sitting at a stool in iris's kitchen, looking down at ranboo's laptop.

"me too," tommy nodded seriously.

"there's a framed photo of you on the wall," ranboo pointed to behind the laptop. there wasn't really, but the three of them played up the bit. iris had left for her poetry class a few hours ago, but toby's train had been delayed so they'd only been able to start the stream within the last half an hour. iris's brother was out with some friends and wasn't due to return until the next afternoon, and her mum had already left for work, so it was just the three of them, and they'd been attempting to make some sort of food in between the chaos.

iris was due back in about half an hour, and they still had groceries in bags. "okay, chat, we've been live for what- an hour? what are we doing here?" ranboo chuckled, leaning down over the laptop to read the chat. "to say thanks for letting me live in her house, i was gonna make iris something nice, but i didn't know what to make her."

"so because iris is my best friend," tommy interrupted, shoving his face in frame, leaning over the counter to be seen, blond hair covering almost the entire camera and his face. "i helped."

"i contributed absolutely nothing," tubbo supplied helpfully.

"so we're gonna make these sugar cookies," ranboo held up a piece of notebook paper with a messily written recipe on it. "apparently, according to tom, iris would really like them."

"it's some sort of taylor swift thing?" he shook his head, moving around the bench so that the camera could actually see him without needing to reach over. "i think?"

"so we were gonna do them while iris is at her class today, but it finishes in like, fifteen minutes, so she won't be surprised by them, but we'll still make 'em, just so this stream isn't an hour of nothing."

"as opposed to our usual, content-rich streams," tubbo pointed out. it took them the entire fifteen remaining minutes of iris's poetry workshop to actually grab out the ingredients, and then the walk back from the library they spent trying to throw them at each other without actually making a mess. ranboo was mixing the butter by itself while tubbo made whipping jokes when tommy got a text from iris telling him she was outside. he ducked out while the chat was distracted, meeting her at the front door.

"hi," he mumbled, cheeks warm. things had been different, now that they were talking again. they'd always been close, close enough to say 'i love you,' close enough to hold hands, close enough for tommy to kiss her on the forehead as a hello. but it was like the world had somehow shifted in the last three weeks, and now tommy could tell.

the way that he and iris were, wasn't purely platonic, from either of their sides. she'd broken up with jack less than one month ago, though, so they were both trying to keep their distance, at least in that regard.

"hi, toms." she smiled at him, toeing her sneakers off. she'd put her hair in a long plait down her back, and she pulled the hairband out, scratching her roots and shaking out her hair. tommy resisted the urge twirl one of the curlier pieces around his finger. she still wasn't keen on being touched, though she'd been letting him in more and more recently.

"we're just in the kitchen, if you're quiet you'll be able to sneak past they won't even notice you, camera's facing the kitchen wall, so they can't see you." he said softly, trying to take all of her in.

"i'll come say hi," iris smiled, pulling her denim jacket off and hanging it on the rack by her door. tommy reached out his hand and she laced her fingers with his, leading the way into the kitchen. she stopped right behind the laptop, letting ranboo and tubbo take the lead on letting the viewers know she was there.

"iris!" tubbo immediately charged forward, only reaching to hug her when she opened her arms. tommy pouted dramatically as she dropped his hand, and ranboo made sure tommy could tell they were rolling their eyes behind the glasses.

she reached over and waved in the view of the camera. "hi, i just got back, wanted to make sure they hadn't burned my house down."

"we've been very well behaved." ranboo said, crossing his arms.

"what are you guys doing?" she asked, reaching over and taking tommy's hand again. he wrapped his arm around her shoulder when she squeezed it gently.

"we're making you biscuits." tubbo said.

"no, they're cookies,"

"same fucking difference, mate." tommy chimed in.

"american," iris laughed, shaking her head at ranboo. "did you guys buy stuff that i can eat?"

"they're for you!" ranboo said. "look at this, look, i went to the grocery store like a grown up and i bought flaxseeds for you."

"aw! ranboo!" iris beamed. "you actually didn't have to do that, i was kidding. there's tons of food in here i can't eat, i'm not expecting you to change your eating habits cause of my stuff i've got going on."

"no, iris," ranboo raked a hand through his hair. "they are for you, we are making these cookies," he shot a pointed look at tubbo, who held his hands up in surrender. "for you."

iris gestured them over, and ranboo was the third person to hug iris after she'd walked in the door, and they stayed there for a second, before tommy spoke up. "you guys realise there's just... no one in frame right now. we're all just off screen."

"what did i tell you?" tubbo laughed as the three of them made their way back in front of the camera. "none of us are really creating content-rich streams."

— AUTHOR'S NOTE
i'm lowkey devastated that olivia got her heartbroken before her music career took off cause we could've had a whole album of love songs like that one. also, the slow-burn (??? does this qualify??? idk) is slow-burning, but we'll be getting there don't worry