XX. make me cry

lucy @username • 9hTUBBO CONFIRMED THAT RANBOO HAD MOVED OUT OF HIS HOUSE WHAT-39 replies 25 retweets 285 likes

lucy @username • 9h
TUBBO CONFIRMED THAT RANBOO HAD MOVED OUT OF HIS HOUSE WHAT-
39 replies 25 retweets 285 likes

nikki @username • 3h
stop does this mean that ranboo is going back to the US 😭
225 replies 156 retweets 482 likes

sam @username • 6h
#TUBBO : ranboo left today guys, so i'm back to being all alone and- no no guys! we're still all good, ranboo's going to see some other friends, we're still all good, and we have some more content planned with like, freddie and stuff.
824 replies 451 retweets 1.4k likes

ranboo @ranboosaysstuff • 6h
replying to @username
my guy was not supposed to announce that oh well
1.2k replies 3.8k retweets 7k likes

living with iris for the past few days had actually been a really nice change of pace for ranboo. a mattress had been put on the floor of iris's bedroom, and whenever he wasn't out filming videos or streaming, he'd got to spend time with her.

iris had been doing a lot better once ranboo had moved into her house. when they went out and iris stayed at home, she got some time to herself in a more healthy manner than she had been before.

a big part of iris's mental health declining was the sense of extreme loneliness that she'd been feeling. despite the fact that she now had a boyfriend, she'd also closed herself off from her family and all of her close friends as a result of the mass amounts of anxiety she'd been feeling about her self-worth.

they'd found her a therapist, and she was scheduled for her first appointment in a little less than a week, and she found that she was actually looking forward to it. going in public ever since the pandemic had been an incredibly anxiety inducing process for her, both in terms of the health risks and then, as they lessened, the idea of her last few shreds of privacy being stripped from her.

ranboo living with her meant that he wasn't able to make content for their own channel. iris's computer was nowhere near fast enough to run a stream and a game, which meant that any streams he did do would have to include a facecam, and that meant having her room on display, which neither of them really wanted.

of course, that did wonders for iris's insecurities with the idea that she was ruining her friends' careers, but ranboo had made sure iris knew that he actually appreciated it, as it gave him an excuse to spend more time with his friends.

neither of them had heard from jack since before james had come over more than two weeks earlier, which was why they were both so surprised when he showed up at her door.

"who the fuck is this?"

ranboo, who had the good sense to put on his mask before going with iris into the entryway, frowned behind his sunglasses. "sorry? who are you?"

"i'm her boyfriend, mate," jack pushed past iris and went straight into the living room. "who are you?"

so this was the guy who had gotten multiple calls and texts saying that his girlfriend was in a bad way and didn't even bother to text back. "i'm her friend, man. what are you doing here?"

"i'm her boyfriend," jack said slower. "do i need a written invite to my own girlfriend's house."

"you do when you fucking ghosted her," ranboo said, looking warily at his friend, who looked as though she was close to tears. "she needed you, dude, and you didn't even have the decency to text her back."

"ok, mate. i think it's time you head home, wherever the fuck that is, i'd like to spend some time with my girlfriend now." jack rolled his eyes and took a step towards iris, who backed up automatically.

ranboo could barely form a sentence with how mad this dude was making him, which meant iris's voice brought great relief.

"leave him alone," she clenched her fist. "you can talk to me like shit, god knows you do it enough, but don't talk to my friends like that. i'm sick of it. you did it with tommy, and you're doing it again now." her voice remained steady despite the shakiness in her hands. "if me having friends bothers you that much, then i don't think we can do this anymore, jack."

jack scoffed. "seriously? you're gonna turn me into the bad guy when you're out here fucking half of notthin-"

"get out!" this was the first time ranboo had ever heard iris raise her voice outside of laughing. she didn't go as far as to get in his face, but she did get a little bit closer. small steps. "fuck you. get out. i'm serious, we're done. you don't get to say shit like that."

"come on," ranboo had no idea how on earth iris tolerated this guy enough to date him twice. "don't be difficult."

"don't be an asshole." iris tugged on the cuffs of her hoodie sleeves, dragging them over her hands and digging her nails into the material. it was something she'd picked up within the last week, an attempt to stop digging her nails into her palms when she got upset. "you are so mean to me, for no reason!" tears had formed in her eyes. "you know, i loved you. i really did, but you just- you take enjoyment out of seeing my cry, and i'm not doing that to myself anymore. you don't get to see me cry, and you definitely don't get to make me cry. so, please, get out."

ranboo held back his "there's the door, dick." he felt iris wouldn't have appreciated it in that moment. for a second, it looked like he was going to make his exit silently, but standing in the threshold he turned back. "come back to me when you're not being a bitch anymore."

iris folded immediately into ranboo's open arms, speaking with her face against his torso, voice muffled. "i know that might not seem like a lot but i'm proud of myself for that."

"you should be," they emphasised. "i'm sorry you had to do that, but i'm so glad you were able to. and i'm sorry, i mean this out of love, but your type in men is fucking atrocious."

iris laughed tearily, pulling back. her heartstrings tugged in the direction of her blond neighbour's house. "can i show you a song i've been writing recently? i think you'll like it. it's called gross."

"is it about him?" ranboo laughed, putting his sunglasses on top of his head and taking his mask off. "fitting title."

iris pressed her nails even harder into the sleeves of her hoodie, drawing in a deep breath. "it's actually about tommy. i shouldn't have offered actually, it might make things weird with you guys and-"

they squeezed her shoulder comfortingly. "of course i want to hear it."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
hiiii. lmao. exams kicked my ass, like. really badly. (i failed. whoops). but i actually studied really really hard so i was very very upset when i walked out of all of them cause i knew i didn't do very well i'm expecting quite a few Ds, but i'm trying not to stress about it cause as of now until february i am on summer vacation!!! hopefully that means more updates but i've also got a lot going on in my life to prepare for my final year of college, so. no promises lol. thank you guys for sticking around btw i am very sorry i've been averaging one update per month, i have been: trying my best. love u <3 mwah