XVIII. swingsduo

it had been two weeks since iris had seen tommy in person

it had been two weeks since iris had seen tommy in person. he didn't come over anymore, he didn't text her in the middle of the night, he didn't even look up at her bedroom window when he left the house like he always did. not that iris would have seen that; her blinds were closed.

her room was a mess. her bed remained unmade for weeks, clothes were only washed when her mother helped her pick them up, an enormous task for a 17 year old who simply couldn't handle it anymore. her brother would try to coax her out, but he couldn't get her past the living room. she spent her days curled up on the end of his bed while he worked on his computer, watching old youtube videos of reality tv you couldn't get anywhere else. her nights were spent with jack. she'd shrug on clean clothes, jeans and a jumper suffocating her in the june heat.

tubbo hadn't been getting replies for about a week and a half, and before that iris always took days between each text, starting every single one off with "hey, sorry" before the rest of it. tommy had gotten two messages from her the night of their argument, but he didn't even read them. he didn't see the desperation as she typed at five in the morning. I'm sorry. You're my best friend. I love you.

Please don't leave me.

ranboo was her only constant source of communication. she'd message him back within minutes every single time, if for the only reason so they wouldn't hate her. she loved toby, but he was definitely his own brand of bad at replying, she knew she could get away with a few days here and there.

it had been three days since ranboo had heard from iris, and he didn't know what to do. he'd told tommy about her, but every time her name was brought up the blond seemed to immediately zone out. he'd change the subject as quick as he could. he knew iris was probably hurting, but he couldn't risk himself getting hurt over the idea of her and jack anymore. ranboo was three hours away, and it took a few days to organise being physically able to travel down to see her. he was worried. it would take four and a half hours by train.

james marriott was a three hour drive from her.

getting the concerned message from ranboo, he was more than willing to make the trip to nottingham to go make sure she was okay. the two of them had been working vaguely on music together for the last few weeks together until she'd started with total radio silence. iris couldn't bring herself to face that she had disappointed him, someone tommy adored so much. she was already acutely aware of how little she deserved him.

tubbo had stayed at home, hoping not to crowd her with people. ranboo was going to drag tommy out of his house to make sure she was okay, regardless of how little he wanted to be there. he was on twitter, scrolling through their last DMs when they exited out of the messages panel and saw it.

in searching for her account, he'd looked her up on the search bar, with twitter being the place where he interacted with a lot of other content creators, she'd been pushed down the list.

Anyone kinda miss when Tommy and Iris would stream together like 3 days in a row?

I feel like Iris used to be pretty active on here, even if it was just liking and retweeting stuff but I haven't heard anything from her for months

I totally get that she's her own person and has a life outside of Tommy but man it feels like we were getting pretty consistent IrisTommy content and then one day she dropped off the face of the earth

DID YOU GUYS SEE TOMMY'S FACE WHEN SOMEONE BROUGHT UP IRIS IN HIS CHAT???

i miss iristommy why do they not have a duo name

Guys leave them both alone they're on summer break from college, they're allowed to have other plans that don't involve the other

IRIS AND TOMMY SWINGSDUO??? cause of how they met??

Please don't bring up Iris in Tommy's chat it's obvious it made him super uncomfortable stop bringing her up unless she's actually there

swingsduo breaking up is the worst thing that ever happened to me i'm a child of divorce

idk what went on w iris and tommy but ranboo and tubbo been real quiet ever since they stopped speaking

he closed the app. then they turned of their phone, then thought better of it considering james might have messaged.

the phone came back on.

james marriott                                                   right now
how soon can you be here?

james marriott                                                     1m ago
i'm at her place

AUTHOR'S NOTE
i feel so weird writing angst like i feel like it's really hard to do without sounding dramatic or angsty or whatever. i know this chapter was fairly disjointed and semi chaotic but i feel like it really fits the vibe of how iris and ranboo are both feeling also dw i promise nothing dark next chapter, iris has just been feeling a lot of feelings rn but nothing heavier/darker than we've seen throughout the rest of the book i think this is as dark as i'm willing to write <333