Chapter 2

The temperature was dropping. It had to be close to freezing outside as (Y/n) pulled their jacket around them tighter. They huffed as they climbed down the incline to where the sewer entrance was. (Y/n) hoped that the warm food and blankets in the bag would be enough to help their new friend. On the way down they slipped, landing on their ass with a thud. "Fuck!" They yelled every time they tried to stand up they ended up slipping on the slick and icy mud. It was around the fourth fall that (y/n) noticed a certain masked killer standing at the bottom of the hill. Michael was amused by your failed attempts to stand on the wet icy mud. You were about six feet lower than you had been after the original fall.

            "Are you going to help me or just stand there? I can feel you getting enjoyment out of this." (Y/n) told him with a grunt of defeat letting your head fall back onto the cold ground. Thudding footsteps could be heard and then (y/n) felt themselves being lifted into the air and thrown over the mans shoulder. He wanted to watch them fail for a bit longer but he also wanted the food that he could smell in the bag. "Oi! I don't like being manhandled!" You yelled flailing slightly. Without a second thought he tossed you onto the ground just outside of the sewer. You could almost feel him thinking "Would you rather I leave you on the hill?"

            "Fine, fine I guess it was okay since you were helping." You responded to the look he gave. With that the two of you went into the Shapes hiding place. You cleaned and rewrapped the wounds avoiding his masked face of course. He grabbed the bag taking out the thermos that was in it. "It's some chicken noodle soup. Basic I know but I figured it'd be nice since it's so freaking cold out." With that you pulled out a few large water bottles and a tupperware container of (fav cookie) cookies. "Water is important so I brought you plenty for a few days." You looked at him with a small smile before standing and turning around. You knew he wouldn't even think about eating as long as you were facing him. Without fail you heard him start to eat. "I can't come by every morning and night so I packed some extra food. You're a big guy and need the calories especially since you're healing." (y/n) stated, they then let the silence fill the air. It was a comfortable silence now that you weren't as worried about him killing you.

            The shape slipped his mask back down and stood up to tap the human on the shoulder. He still had no clue why this stranger would show kindness. They turned around to face him, their smile faded as they realized that it had gotten dark out. They muttered a "shit" under their breath. "I'm sorry I have to go. Uh, keep the bag, it's got more blankets. I'm gonna be late." They said before sprinting out of the place leaving him alone to his thoughts.

            He sat down on the blanket that (Y/n) had set down for him. Michael couldn't wrap his mind around the human. They showed no fear despite knowing what he's done. His time in the psychiatric hospital had made him lose all trust in people, this person had to have an alternative reason to help him. No one did anything out of the kindness of their heart, he knew that. His entire life was death and hospitals. Sure he was the one doing the killing but that didn't negate that it was a part of his life. The killer grunted lowly at the thought that perhaps this person was another obsessed human like his so-called doctor was. If so he would have to kill them. He didn't want to deal with that, it was annoying and often ended with someone trying to steal his mask.

         His remaining fingers ran gently over the scarred mask. The burns were a part of it now and helped to tell the story. To him each and every nick, burn, and scratch on the mask told part of his life's story and he would never accept a replacement.