Chapter 8

The sound of your phone woke you up. Groaning at the noise you picked it up and looked to see what was so important as to wake you up. You shot up as you reread the text. Hey (Y/n) I'll be moving out. I found a place closer to home that is also cheaper.

"Fuck" you muttered. This made the killer sitting near you look in your direction. He tilted his masked face as if to ask what was wrong. "My roommate just backed out of our agreement so now I have to pay for the fucking apartment all by myself." You answered him, annoyance lacing every word. He only returned a pat on the back. He had never had to deal with rent since he had been committed since he was a little boy.

The rent wasn't going to be too difficult since you made enough to cover it but that left you short on grocery money. Sighing, you flop back down onto the blanket you had previously been sleeping on. "Spice of life I guess" Your voice muttered. For the next few minutes you lay there contemplating what to do next. A small squeak broke the silence, you look over to see a sewer rat scrambling by on the pipe above you. The tiny creature had also captured Michaels attention as well.

"Don't eat it" You told your friend thinking back to when he had eaten a rat due to you not bringing food. The large man rolled his eyes beneath his mask. Another thought crossed your mind. "Shit I won't be able to come by as often since I'll have to pick up more shifts at work." You said. Why did my roommate have to move out, you thought. Michael didn't know what to do, he hadn't dealt with this and wasn't exactly the comforting type. So the killer decided to grab a blanket and put it over you. In return (y/n) looked up at him with a questioning gaze. You had already pieced together that this was his way of comforting people. "I'm fine, I'm just frustrated. I'll miss seeing you every day." You tried to reassure him but deep down you were upset and wanted to cry. The thought of more work hours and less Michael time was depressing and upsetting.

For a while now Michael had become your closest friend and someone to lean on when you had bad days. Michael had started to consider you as a friend as well and he didn't like the thought of seeing you less either. He thought of perhaps stalking you so that when you were working long hours he could still see you. The pain and urge to kill died down whenever he was around you, it would change from a fierce roaring fire to a dull ember. He thought that maybe without you he could start to kill again. A thought of you being disappointed in him for being reckless crossed his mind and he decided against the killings out of season.

Once again you shot up, but this time you had a bright smile on your face. The sudden emotion change and large smile and staring creeped Michael out a little. "I have a glorious idea. What if you move into the second room" You exclaimed. The killer stared in confusion and surprise.