Chapter Twenty-Three: Game Time

Rhea's POV: ⚠️ Mentions of Homophobia⚠️

"Rhea! Have you seen my cleats?!" Graham yells from his room.

"No! Go downstairs and ask your mom!" I yell as I pack my deodorant into my duffel bag.

It's been about about a week since Cami and I started whatever it is we're doing. We've been too scared to sleep together, so showing each other affection has mostly been shown through kisses while passing each other, helping her do chores, or me passing her notes with affirmations.

I knew that keeping this low-key was going to be difficult, but I didn't realize how difficult it would be.

There's been a few times where I've snuck off to her room and Beck has come to her room while we are in the middle of a make out session. Luckily, Cami keeps her door locked, so I have I have time to hide in the closet while she lets him in. The hard part is sneaking out of the room afterwards. I swear, this kid has super sonic hearing and hear a fucking pin drop.

I finish packing my bag and sling it across my chest as I quickly run down the stairs.

"Hey." Cami says as she looks up from tying Beck's shoe.

"Hey." I softly say.

Our eyes both search each other's. God, I miss her. She's here, but I can only do so much with the kids around.

"Let's go sluts!" Savannah yells as she twirls her keys around her fingers.

"I'm not a slut!" Graham protests, following her to her car.

"I'll see you later." I quietly say to Cami as I caress her arm.

"Wait." She says as she grabs me before I can leave.

"Beck, go get mommy's purse." Cami demands.

Beck huffs as he gets up and runs up the stairs.

She quickly pulls me in for a kiss and holds me close to her. Our foreheads rest against each other as her arms drape over my shoulders. It feels like the closest we've been all week.

"I miss you." She says.

"I miss you too." I say as I softly kiss her forehead.

"I've got to go, though. I'll see you there?" I ask as I pull away.

She nods her head 'yes' as she wears a sad expression on her face.

"Hey, don't be upset. Things will get better." I say as I softly rub my thumb over her cheek.

She leans into my touch and kisses my palm, just like the night she got plastered.

I smile softly to her as I head out of the house and get into Savannah's car. Savannah asked to start a little later for work tonight so she could be at my game. It's moments like this that make me feel extremely guilty for lying to her. I wish I could just tell her everything, but her and Cami are at the early stages of fixing their relationship. I don't want her to think I'm coming into the picture to mess that up for them or be a puppeteer for Cami's decisions.

I want her to know Cami wants to fix things and not think that I influenced them fixing things, because I didn't. I only pushed Cami to echo the thoughts and feelings she shared with me to Savannah. They were all still Cami's thoughts and wants, she just needed to share them with Savannah herself.

"You're quiet." Savannah says.

"I'm nervous." I say.

"Why?" She asks.

"Well, we're playing against the worst team in the league... worst than us. If we lose to them, we're officially the shittest team in the area. Do you know how embarrassing that would be?" I state.