Chapter Forty-Five: Love Conquers all

Cami's POV:

It's the day after I talked to Sienna and I finally mustered up the courage to walk myself into work. I can't avoid it or my co-workers for forever and with everything going on, maybe throwing myself into work wouldn't be such a bad thing.

I walk down the sidewalk, trying to give myself a pep talk as I walk into the offices. I open the door and the bell above the entry goes off, alerting everyone that someone is there. Their eyes shoot up and study me. I hate this.

I quickly look down, keeping my eyes trained on my heels as I make my way to my office. I enter, noticing it's still in tip top shape. Naomi must have been dusting it since I've been gone, because there's no way none of my stuff wouldn't have collected dust at this point.

I sit down at my desk, looking up to see my co-workers whispering amongst themselves through the glass windows. I sigh, shaking my head as I stand up and close all the blinds to focus on the task at hand. I'm not going to let them get to me.

I log onto my computer to start my work, but I'm abruptly interrupted when I hear a banging on the glass. I sigh, wondering if it's the welcome wagon coming to interview me, but instead I see Naomi's short stature on the other side of the door.

"Where the hell have you been? I thought you died." She says in an irritated tone as she pushes her way into my office.

I sigh as I unwillingly let her in, "I don't want to talk right now."

Naomi shakes her head as she taps her foot impatiently, "Cami, you can push everyone else away, but I'm not allowing you to do it to me."

I look into her serious eyes as I sink into my chair. I don't even know what to say to her or how to explain my absence.

"What the hell happened?" Naomi asks.

"I got sick." I say, shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah, with a case of the bullshits." Naomi scoffs.

I shake my head, a little annoyed as she observes my demeanor. She instantly picks up on the fact that I'm going through something, changing expressions and demeanor to be kinder and more open.

She sits down in front of my desk and reaches across to hold my hand as she attempts a softer approach. 

"Does it have to do with Rhea?" She asks.

My eyes instantly look up to meet her dark brown ones, "What do you mean?"

"I could be wrong, but it just seems like ever since she left that you've been going through a funk. You were so happy when she was around and now you're in a state of mourning it seems like." She explains.

She sighs, "I don't know, it just seems like there was a little bit more than a friendship going on. Was there something more than a friendship?"

My eyes scan her face, trying to get a read on if I can trust her with the information I've kept buried down for so long.

I nod my head, confirming her suspicion as she simply holds my hand tighter.

"I knew it." She says with a soft smile.

I raise a brow, "how?"

"I'm a Latina, I know all." She says with a smirk.

I smile softly at her, glad she's not mad that I wasn't exactly transparent with her about the innerworkings of Rhea and I's relationship.

"Does anyone else know or have a clue?" I ask.

"The bitch brigade has no idea, they just think Ethan cheated again and that's why you've been so dismissive. Everyone in the office has many speculations since they don't know you well, but none of them suspecting you had anything to do with Rhea." She assures.