Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Calm

Rhea's POV:

Cami and I began our packing the minute Savannah told us about the vacation. Cami could not contain her excitement as she anxiously packed for herself and then packed for me because I was taking too long.

You know how most people say traveling is the biggest test for a relationship? Well, it's gone pretty smooth for the two of us.

We left early in the morning, I volunteered to drive so Cami could rest her pretty eyes. I also volunteered because I knew I'd be far too anxious to sleep. I have less than 24 hours to plan the perfect birthday for her and I'm scared shitless that I'll fail.

I stayed up all night last night with Savannah, mapping out locations and reading reviews for places for us to visit while we are there. I know Cami wants something low-key for her actual birthday, but I still want every part of this trip to be perfect because it's our first one together.

I watch the scenery as we get closer to our location. I see it's a strip of ocean front houses with sand and ocean that stretches as far as the eye can see. It's beautiful and very different from the area Cami lives in.

I pull into the location that my GPS gives me, looking over to my left to see a still fast asleep Cami. She didn't get much sleep last night either, she was far too excited to get on the road and quite frankly - away from the kids.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty." I say, brushing her blonde hair back with my fingertips.

She stirs a little bit and grumbles, swatting my hand away. I can't help but smile at her cuteness.

"We're here." I state.

Her eyes slowly blink as they try to adjust to brightness outside, "we are?"

I nod as she looks over to me, struggling to wake up.

I pull her head into my chest as she wipes the sleep from her eyes.

"I'll race you into the house." I whisper into her ear as I quickly unbuckle my seatbelt.

"Hey!" She yells, grabbing my t-shirt.

I simply laugh as I wiggle out of her grasps and towards the front door, pulling out my phone quickly to get the passcode.

"You're forgetting something." Cami states as she runs up to the door.

"What?" I ask, unlocking the door and trying to push past her.

"This." She says twisting my nipples as pushes me out of the way and entering the house first.

"I win." She says confidently as she enters.

"You cheated." I state, following her in defeat.

"Aw, is someone upset." Cami teases as she pulls me deeper into the house.

I could never be upset losing to her. I want to see that smile of hers anytime I can, even if it's at my expense.

"It's beautiful." She says, her hands running along the light blue colored walls.

The house has a nautical vibe to it. In a weird way, it almost looks like you're on a ship with the wood flooring and the light blue walls that look like they could be the color of the sky on a bright day. It's peaceful, and it'll be home for the next week.

Cami continues to lead me around the house as she appreciates it. It's definitely not a look that either of us would have for our future house, but it's cool nonetheless.

We make our way to the bedroom where the bedding is all white and has a chunky knitted throw blanket on it, making it almost look like a fishnet hanging off the bed. The room also has huge sliding glass doors that allow the room plenty of sunlight.