Chapter Twenty-Nine: When Sparks Fly

Rhea's POV:

We're tied up, 2-2. We have just seconds until the end of the game and Mateo currently has the ball.

I anxiously click my pen as I squat down, carefully watching the field as Mateo winds his leg back and releases. He scores in the corner of the net, causing our team to win against one of the best teams in the league. Everyone cheers as I run out to the field and hug Mateo for her his impeccable kick.

"Good work, kid!" I say excitedly as I place him down.

"Thank you." He laughs as he hugs me back.

Naomi then runs on the field and hugs the two of us. I'm surprised her little arms can even fit the two of us in them.

I watch as the rest of the families enter the field and see Cami's proud smile on her face as her eyes meet mine.

"Who should you be thanking?" Savannah asks to the side of me.

"Thanks, my good luck charm." I say as I pick her up and swing her around.

"Two games in a row. Good work, coach." Ryan says as he extends his hand for a handshake.

"It's all the kids." I say as I shake his hand.

"We sucked without you." Graham insists.

I feel myself smile, before feeling a set of arms hug the side of me. I can instantly tell by the black hair and tan colored skin, that is Alex hugging me and I feel my body tense.

"Good work, Rhea." She whispers in my ear.

Savannah raises an eyebrow and eyes me as Alex lets go of me and walks towards the kids to high five them. Meanwhile, Cami stares daggers at Alex from a distance.

"What the fuck is that about?" Savannah asks with a smirk.

"It's nothing like that." I say, not wanting her to get any ideas.

"She's totally into you. She's been acting like this the last few games and it bothered me at first, but you're single as hell right now. You can at least be fuck buddies." She suggests.

I watch Cami and Naomi make a face of disgust at the comment. Why is Naomi making that face?

"I'm not looking to hook up with girls right now." I say.

"You're going to be a born again virgin if you don't get laid soon." Savannah says.

If only she knew just how much sex I'm actually having.

"I don't think I have to worry about that." I say with a smirk.

I look over to Cami who blushes and smirks at my comment.

"Are you sleeping with someone and you're not telling me?!" Savannah asks, holding her hand over her chest.

"No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm just saying there's no way you can be a born again virgin. That doesn't exist." I say calmly, trying my best to show no indication that I'm actually fucking regularly.

"Whatever... if you don't go for her, maybe I will." She says with a playful smirk.

"Be my guest." I say, hoping she'll take the bait.

"Nah, I don't know. She's kind of preppy for me." She says. 

I frown a bit, "I guess."

"Well, we're going to head home. See you there?" She asks.

"Yep." I say as I hug her, Graham, and Beck goodbye.

Cami smiles softly to me as a way to say goodbye and while I wish I could hug her, I know this is what's safest for us.